Stencyl 2.0 - Official Release (Updated Apr 21)

emf715

[Mar 20-21 fixes/changes]
- Fix: multi-touch coords wrong in landscape (fixed but not deployed in iOS patch yet)

Jon: I'm a little thick at times. What's the difference between fixed and deployed? Is that a way of saying you fixed the core issue, yet the fix is still not available to me?

Jon

Yep, that's correct. I'm going to make a new patch for iOS this weekend after I make a few more fixes. That should be the final patch for 2.0.

emf715

Yep, that's correct. I'm going to make a new patch for iOS this weekend after I make a few more fixes. That should be the final patch for 2.0.

Sounds good. Did you happen to see my other multi-touch bug post in the Bugs forum? Not sure if that's linked to the same issue, or if it's something different.

hoodamath

after i download, i can't get the beta 2.0 to install on my mac?

hoodamath

after i download, i can't get the beta 2.0 to install on my mac?

nevermind works today.

shawareb

AMAAAAAAAAZZZZINNNNNG       :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
loooking forward to buy this version  

can't wait

SWATLLAMA

A question just came into my mind. For linux distros, what linux variants will it be available for? .deb(Ubuntu, debian) .redhatthingies(fedora, redhat, suse), and what else?
Hail The Llama
http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/lSWATLLAMA
"Play the games" ~ The Grand Llama

It's my life goal to rickroll as many people as possible

Jon

It's always been any distro that supports Java.

SWATLLAMA

OH, okay, great. I thought that even with Java it had to be optimized for a specific operating system.
Hail The Llama

charlesartist

Sorry for being so impatient but Stencyl is the SHEE@@T! Awesome program with awesome capabilities and I can't wait to upgrade...

Any progress on an official release date and pricing chart?

Joe

On the bright side, we've been able to pack this release full of even more content as we get the docs up to speed.

1MrPaul1

For making exe files we need to buy iStencyl?
And as in your blog saying, in 2.5 Stencyl will export games to  native C++ applications. So, when we can wait 2.5? It will be great to know even estimate time, for planning our work.
And one more question about exporting to C++, because i'm making rpg and needs to create many staffs and use inventory, I need to create actors from list by name and can use for this purposes code blocks only. Now I'm using ac3 code and think it will not work after exporting to c++ but creating and using staffs in rpg it's a core of whole game and I don't know what to do now, wait for 2.5 to continue of the work or looking for other solution how to create actors from list. So, may be you are planning to make native blocks, exporters for placing in create actor blocks, something like " <text> as actore type"? Without this types of exporters, it will be hard to archive pro results I think.

SWATLLAMA

You could put production on hold until 2.5 comes out, but be warned, it *could* bugger up everything with the drastic change in the code of stencyl. Besides, coding in AS3 will be way easier than in C++.
Hail The Llama