The new Stencylpedia is ready!

Jon

The browser we've integrated into the app isn't strong enough to render the new content (the videos), so we've had to cut it out for now. We plan to integrate a new browser in the future and return the ability to browser through Stencylpedia inside Stencyl itself, but the new browser technology isn't quite ready for production use.

SWATLLAMA

Whenever you integrate the browser, will it be able to run flash inside of it?  ;D If it can, I'll never have to close up Stencyl.
Hail The Llama
http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/lSWATLLAMA
"Play the games" ~ The Grand Llama

It's my life goal to rickroll as many people as possible

Jon

Unfortunately no. The one I was planning to supported it but had unrelated issues being integrated.

If we integrate anything Flash-like, we'll dogfood and use our own HTML5 exporter to export content for it.

Jon

[4/6 Update]
- Added Motion/Forces (Ch3)
- Added Physics (Ch3)

Jon

Would it be useful to provide next/previous article buttons at the top and bottom of articles?

darkknighth20

I could see value in that when it comes to two part pages like Optimizing Game Performance 1 and 2.

Otherwise, not really necessary since it's all on the side.

Just my 0.02 USD anyway.
- DarkKnightH20
Need Help?
>> Stencyl Guides
Current Game In Progress >> A Hack N Slash

1MrPaul1

Congratulations!!!

Would it be useful to provide next/previous article buttons at the top and bottom of articles?
We have browser previous/next buttons.
But I'm always searching for "back to top" button when reading stencylpedia

Leaufai

Back to top is a good one.

nev

I read under "Physics":

Bear in mind that when you turn off physics, the actor no longer collides with anything, no longer maintains a velocity...

From this sentence, it seems that if I set "Set x-speed to 'something'" for a lightweight actor, this speed will not be kept constant (which is not the case). Or maybe I don't understand the sentence correctly...  :P

Ryusui

Using the "x-speed" and "y-speed" blocks to manipulate an actor's movement directly isn't the same as "turning off physics." That's something you do in the actor's settings, and only for things that don't need physics/collisions.
In the event of a firestorm, the salad bar will remain open.

nev

Using the "x-speed" and "y-speed" blocks to manipulate an actor's movement directly isn't the same as "turning off physics." That's something you do in the actor's settings, and only for things that don't need physics/collisions.

I know that, but the sentence "no longer maintains a velocity" sounds inexact... It is clear that I cannot *accelerate* an object that has no physics, but that it "no longer maintains a velocity" makes not sense to me... (again, maybe it's just me  :P)

Maybe can you expand on that sentence?

SWATLLAMA

Yes, that would help make sure we go in sequence. Good job on the new stencylpedia!
Hail The Llama

Jon

Actually that statement is completely wrong. I'm nixing it. Velocity *does* work, even if you turn off physics.

Leaufai

Just saw the tweet, congrats on finishing the Pedia!

SWATLLAMA

We’ve got detailed instructions on how to sign up on Mochi’s site.
Where? I searched the forums and stencylpedia and could not find any instructions for signing up.
Hail The Llama