How to make a particle effect?

big12isu

Hi, I am making an iphone app and need to create a particle effect when two objects collide. Is there any way that I can do this? Are there any built in functions that I could use? Thanks for the help.

Photics

Hi, I am making an iphone app and need to create a particle effect when two objects collide. Is there any way that I can do this? Are there any built in functions that I could use? Thanks for the help.

I like to use the "Drawing" blocks for particles. With Circles and Squares, I have been able to create some nice particle effects.

There's also the "when this collides with something else" section for running blocks after a collision has occurred. For further customization, additional actors can be spawn. Although, this can be a serious drain on performance if used excessively.

Currently, particles are a weak-point for StencylWorks, but Jon and the gang are aware of the situation. I suspect that this will be a lot easier to create particle effects with StencylWorks in the future.
Michael Garofalohttp://photics.com – Author of The Interactive Stencyl Textbook 8)