Blob's Tileset Mini-Pack

Blob

Since I'm redesigning my game, along with its graphics, I thought I'd put the old tileset up on Forge, and make a thread for it so it doesn't go under the radar.

If this looks unfinished, it's because it is.

I'm not putting any artistic hold over these, so they can be freely edited or added onto if needed.

~ Blob

Darkhog

Nice! Could you make it NES-looking (3 colors+transparency per tile, NES palette - I can provide GIMP palette if you want)? This would be perfect for my 8-bit secret game project (for now details knows only I and KungFuKirby as he makes music for it).

There are no impossible things. There is only lack of skills.
Don't click this if your computer has less than 641 kilobytes of RAM.
Stencyl stencyling stencylish stencylers :D

Blob

The most I can do is give you a quick NES palette reskin of it. A lot of it wasn't designed to work well under 4 colors, especially with everything having a black outline, so if you want it to look good you'll have to edit the details to your liking.

~ Blob

Darkhog

Thanks. I'll take a look in free time. Now got to go make new page of my comic

There are no impossible things. There is only lack of skills.
Don't click this if your computer has less than 641 kilobytes of RAM.
Stencyl stencyling stencylish stencylers :D

irock

Hey Blob, can you put this on the new StencylForge? The new one can only be accessed via b368. It'd be great if you could, because the old one isn't going to be in newer builds.

Blob

They are now on the new Stencyl Forge.

~ Blob

Jon

This is terrific stuff. We'll adopt it in some of the example games and documentation going forward.

Blob

Sounds great, glad you like them.

~ Blob

Greg

Nice work Blob, I've always enjoyed your tileset work

Rhys

Your comic about getting beat up for using linux and finding security in dragons has little to do with tilesets.

Greg

Your comic about getting beat up for using linux and finding security in dragons has little to do with tilesets.

Hey, at least he's going to schedule some free time for the 3 seconds it takes to look at the tileset. 

Rhys

I see. I guess that's on topic.

Nice tiles blob, Even if they are unfinished I love the cartoony feel you've created.

Chris

I really like both sets of tiles. Nice job, Blob.

Tatertom

What did you use to make these? Regular MS Paint, Paint.NET, what image editor?
Tatertom approves this message.