Stenportal - call for content

Darkhog

I'd like to ask you to provide some articles regarding Stencyl for my Polish community site. It may not be in Polish - I'll translate if needed.

I know that I have Jon's permission to translate things from Stencylpedia, but most of them are how-tos and I aiming rather to tutorial site (but how to section will be also there).

So I asking YOU to help me build up some content for it. Will you help me?

There are no impossible things. There is only lack of skills.
Don't click this if your computer has less than 641 kilobytes of RAM.
Stencyl stencyling stencylish stencylers :D

Greg

I don't think it's appropriate to ask for that here.  We're trying to build up this site to get it ready for launch.  To take resources away from that to work on your fan site is probably not a good thing to ask about on these forums.

Darkhog

This is not fan site. This is unofficial community site and that's the difference. And I don't see anything wrong why materials produced during this call for content shouldn't be here as well.

Alexin

I don't think it's appropriate to ask for that here.  We're trying to build up this site to get it ready for launch.  To take resources away from that to work on your unofficial community site is probably not a good thing to ask about on these forums.
Fixed.
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com

Rhys

This is not fan site. This is unofficial community site and that's the difference. And I don't see anything wrong why materials produced during this call for content shouldn't be here as well.
Same thing in my eyes.

Joe

Wouldn't it make more sense to encourage people to create content for this site first? Then you can translate whatever you want, and that way, everybody wins.

Darkhog

Well, this is "encouraging people to make content for this site". Not directly, but it is. Every article, whether it'll be post as zip or as forum post will be available firstly on these forums, in this thread before I'll translate it and add to my site so it's win-win situation anyways.

Epic428

DH, at this point, the Stencyl Website is the communities main concern, you're going to need to focus on either helping everyone with this one, or focus on your website alone, regardless if it a fan site or, unofficial community support page.

No offense, but I don't think the Polish speaking community is beating down Stencyls doors begging for support and offering up cash in exchange which means that they will not get 100% of our focus or attention.
James Moore - Official Support & Documentation.
We cannot and will not respond to PM's asking questions. Please make a new thread in the forums if you have any questions, Thank you.
For better support and faster response times, please post your logs regarding any Stencyl related issues. Debug > Logs > Generate Logs