Users connect to IRC when opening StencylWorks [FIXED]

irock

It seems there's still some IRC stuff left in b368. I changed my nick in IRC, launched StencylWorks, and it automatically connected me to the IRC server. This causes the nicks of users to be taken and puts a large amount of users on the server that apparently can only disconnect when I manually kill them.

[05:06] * *** Notice -- Client connecting on port 6667: irock (irock@stencyl.net) [clients]

« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 12:31:31 pm by Irock »

Jon

Jon

This is trickier than expected. It seems to be a server-side config, not part of the code.

Darkhog

Jon, maybe we should reintroduce irc bridge to Stencyl, because it was pretty good (except lack of commands like /me, but it's a minor issue and I am sure it can be solved) and I even don't know why you got rid of it? Mibbit should stay as option, just like test game in flash player vs. test game in browser.

There are no impossible things. There is only lack of skills.
Don't click this if your computer has less than 641 kilobytes of RAM.
Stencyl stencyling stencylish stencylers :D

Jon

I got rid of it because it was very buggy and unfixable in the area of connections not being closed when disconnecting. We'll establish a proper IRC client in the future.

irock

Sorry, I was away when you came in to IRC.

I'm not able to reproduce it anymore, so it may be fixed. I'll keep an eye on the connections though. Thanks!

Alexin

It seems fixed, at least for me.
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com