Also cannot publish! No sound files in game at all...

magicpegasus

Hi, I'm using Stencyl to run a backdrop program for my musical Salamander Leviathan. I needed to export a swf or publish to web in order to run my backdrops on another computer. Because I ran out of time dealing with publishing errors, I ended up installing Stencylworks on the other computer and copying the game folder. It felt drastic, but was the only way I could meet the deadline (soundcheck is in like three hours).

For future reference, I'd like to know what's happening here. I have administrator permissions, no mp3 files, or any sound files for that matter, and have tried saving to multiple locations.

I've attached the log file. Please help or point me in the right direction. It would really be much more convenient to be able to publish to swf!

Thanks,
MP

coleislazy

I'm having trouble finding where you tried to publish it. Can you open SW, try to export it, then post the logs immediately after? It makes it a lot easier to find when the log is short.

Also, I notice you hit the warning about running low on memory a lot. When it reports that its at 100%, you're probably going to have all kinds of issues. You really should restart before you get to that point. The good news is, this is pretty much completely fixed in 2.0.

magicpegasus

Thanks for the reply! I've attached a log generated after restarting my computer. I got the 90% memory usage message at the 33% mark of generating the swf for export.

coleislazy

It seems like hitting the memory limit is causing the fail. Check out the link captain provided to raise your limit (if your system specs permit).