Artist looking for project - indie rates :)

Artax

Hey there,

I'm an artist and need a few projects to work on since my time has freed up a bit lately. I'll do piecemeal work per object or per project. Have over 10 yrs industry experience in games industry. Prefer paid work over rev share.

Website here:
www.idea-wing.com

Facebook: www.facebook.com/IdeaWingArtworx/

I really like doing pixel/sprites. Isometric artwork is also fun. Want more practice at doing tilesets and the like.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 02:20:06 pm by Artax »
~ Artax ~

Hectate

I know you're not posting for a critique, but I have to say I love your work - great stuff.

What's funny is that I recognize the source for the room_art picture (and I think the one before it is related as well, no?). My brother and I would play Spy vs. Spy on the Commodore 64 for hours.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Artax

Hey thanks,

Yeah, I'm really excited about Stencyl and being able to make my own games, as well as provide art for others now I'm freelance. Cheers !
~ Artax ~

holwerdacompany

I could collaborate with you, but no flaking.

Artax

~ Artax ~

Artax

~ Artax ~

Nomosoft

What are your rates? I have a space shooter under development, and I have a platformer on hold. Generally, I prefer to partner up rather than purchase assets because this is a hobby, for me, but I occasionally farm out art and music work for cash.

Attached are screenshots from the space shooter and the platformer. The platformer also has a main character, designed by Ethan, but he dropped out of the project, so I don't know if I will need a new main character sprite or not. Let me know if you are interested / think you can work in a similar style and quality to the screenies.

Edit: A completed Stencyl project of mine, graphics and music by Ethan: http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/9165 For some reason, the FPS is worse on Stencyl.com than on some other sites I've posted it on, but it's playable.

Satyre

I have sent you a PM about the collaboration. Some of your work would fit really perfect for my future projects.

Artax

Hi there, could you send your query to info@idea-wing.com pls. Ive looked under my profile and I don't see anything about where to find my pm's. Thanks!
~ Artax ~

Satyre

Message has been sent info@idea-wing.com

Just in case you got mails and didn't notice them. When you scroll to the top of the forum page, you'll see the inbox menu near "Forums" in the middle of the screen. Maybe you got some more messages from other developers :)

Looking forward for you message.