What are you working on?

THX1138666

I am currently working on a couple games. The newest project is a simple platform game that is being done in a chromadepth color scheme to create a 3D effect when wearing chromadepth 3D glasses.

ridhwaan08

something super meat boy like

That looks great, reminds me of impossible pixel.

I am currently working on a couple games. The newest project is a simple platform game that is being done in a chromadepth color scheme to create a 3D effect when wearing chromadepth 3D glasses.

Aaahh interesting.Me want to play. :D
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!

Audrey Hepburn

THX1138666

A slightly updated version to my earlier post. Chromadepth 3D glasses are needed to get the "3D" effect.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 02:55:17 pm by THX1138666 »

merrak

Working on improving the graphics and gameplay in my first game. I just recently uploaded a new development version with improvements and a few bug fixes - although those fixes introduced new bugs. But that's what programming is all about  :D

I just finished writing a spawning objects manager, to make sure items the player collects in a previous scene don't re-appear when they leave and come back.

THX1138666

Making some more progress on the one game I am working on. I have a small demo posted on my Deviantart page. It's playable but there are no behaviors for any of the enemies so nothing can hurt you and you can not die. It is just a sample to show how the 3D effect works while actually playing the game and to show off how the main character looks now.

Let me know what you guys think of it so far.

http://thx1138666.deviantart.com/art/Adventures-of-Kroma-12-26-13-422419062

bwwd

i like the parallax, but i cant collect the key in second stage with key, the one where key is high on top.

THX1138666

i like the parallax, but i cant collect the key in second stage with key, the one where key is high on top.

Yeah. Nothing is active yet in the game. I am just working on building the scenes and working on the player's character. I tried adding behaviors to certain enemies but they would always get messed up somehow when I would change something else in the game. So I will give every collectible item and enemy the proper behaviors once I have the scenes put together. So for now you can just run through from room to room. Haha

bwwd

how did you do the parallax? is it with background pics or with layers inside of scene editor ? Can you even animate layers in scene editor so they move with different velocities when you walk ? I think its just background pictures right ? I would change jump button to up arrow, i play platformers very often using 1 hand only and unles theres jump and shoot buttons i prefere to have up as jump, much more intuitive.
Ah i work on this now

« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 02:13:32 pm by bwwd »

THX1138666

how did you do the parallax? is it with background pics or with layers inside of scene editor ? Can you even animate layers in scene editor so they move with different velocities when you walk ? I think its just background pictures right ? I would change jump button to up arrow, i play platformers very often using 1 hand only and unles theres jump and shoot buttons i prefere to have up as jump, much more intuitive.
Ah i work on this now

I use background images for the parallax. I am using the Z key for jump right now because there is going to be an attack button soon. I plan on turning this and one of my other games into actual arcade games that will be put into custom built arcade cabinets so using up for jump just doesn't work for me.

I like the Gameboy(ish) color scheme of your game. My game has a bit of a Virtual Boy feel to it when viewing it with chromadepth 3D glasses.

mat0pad

Working on a new type of quiz game for iOS. There's still a long way but it's going forward.
Screenshots of our alpha version (see attachments!)

If you have any comments (graphic wise) then it would be much appreciated! 

adriano5

I don't have much (any) experience with making games so far, but my overall plan for now until spring is to finish a game I had an idea for where a man is running from a Tsunami wave of junk and you have to avoid obstacles etc. Or I could do some sort of platformer with the same person, OR I could do something like Armed With Wings, as that is my favorite game of that genre thus far.

Right now, I'm just trying to make all of the frames for the guy running etc. and figure out how to code the thing and do something besides a mario-style platformer :P

If anyone could point me to useful resources for a soundtrack, that would be very helpful :) meanwhile, I will be hunting the tutorials and forums.

Buliaras

I am VERY new to Stencyl but am always looking for ways to get my game out in the public eye.  This idea is now over a year old and thus far I have been able to create all the assets needed to build a small "test level" (sans music or sfx) and several other art assets to boot.  As I have no ability whatsoever to code or program, I have had to rely on over 13 individuals that have barely made it into the "look I make him move!" stage of the game's creation.  All these individuals have quit before they even started due to some extenuating circumstance that only the laws of the universe know.  My hope, is that Stencyl will finally be that product that brings this idea to fruition.

The screenshots attached are simply "mock ups" to show those that are interested what the game can and will look like.  It's a zombie killin' comedy with RPG elements, quests, an inventory, multiplayer and *gasp* a score counter, that also doubles as your level purchasing power.  Yes, that's right, there's incentive to get a high score, but not just that, but online there will be a leaderboard for score per area.

UnrealCanine

The fourth instalment of my Ninja Warrior games, taking full advantage of Stencyl's physics engine

gfalcaor

I am working on my first game.

It is inspired on the following games:
    Commandos
    Metal Gear Solid
    Those two for the stealth mode scenes.
And for Action Mode I will still confirm the style I am going to be inspired.
My game will have more then one mode of playing it. It will depend on what stage / scene you are.

Story:
   Spy Theme - Will contain references from a lot of spies movies.
   And the story will be told using comics strips.

Style:
Platformer Stealth Adventure or Action - depending on the stage you are.

You will control more than one character ate the same scene.
Actors will be changeable like Commandos.
And each spy will have its own skills. Which will complement each other.

Some Screenshots:

Main character (one of them):

One enemy from one stage:

Main Menu:

My Dev Diary where I share what I have learned:
http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,26644.0.html

Thats it.
I am planning on launching the first demo till the end of Stencyl Jam 2014.

Follow Me

marcumgames

I'm working on an open world game fantasy game called Pozemek. You can check out the Journal here: http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,27775.0.html
I own Marcum Games