[RESOLVED] Collide with tiles without moving

NobodyX

I'm trying to make some instant, tile-based movement, and I have it set up so that when you move in a direction your guy appears in its new position for a moment, checks whether or not there is a blockage there, and sends itself back if there is.

But it goes through tiles because apparently it does not collide without tiles if it's speed is 0. How do I change this, so that it can detect tiles without having a velocity?

« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 02:45:07 am by NobodyX »

Darkhog

Use TileAPI?

//edit: Also I think RPG Town and Dialog game has example of tile movement. I can upload it if it isn't already on Forge. Then you would have easier start.

There are no impossible things. There is only lack of skills.
Don't click this if your computer has less than 641 kilobytes of RAM.
Stencyl stencyling stencylish stencylers :D

NobodyX

Actually, it has nothing to do with what I had previously thought. The issue is that the player actor misses the EDGES of the tiles, so that they don't collide.

Darkhog

But still the tile behavior in RPG Town & Dialog example is better. From this you can modify it so it'll fit your needs. I'll up RPG Town & Dialog game in a minute.

Darkhog

Guess SF is down already. I'll upload when moving out will be complete. BTW: What in boot.txt I have to change so it'll point to root instead of /v10?

Darkhog

OK, got 1.0 and uploaded.

NobodyX

I'm sure it is better but there are reasons why I can't use it.

I don't want any help anymore. I don't know how to move this thread to the "resolved" section if I can, so if someone else would then that would be great.