Daring Do Adventure (UPDATED 21 June, +more locations, +second boss, WIP, alpha)

alexsilent

http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/11272

Update:
+many levels and interactive elements.
+Dangerous enemies and traps.
+Save engine
But all musics and sounds is deleted, because there is limit for upload the game, only 16 mb.

I think the final version will take 30-40 mb.
It's the last version on Stencyl.com site. Because limit is only 16 mb for the game. :'(
The next version I will upload to Deviantart.com.

tabletop

This game is awesome, I just played it, its amazing how using fan art sprites can allow people to test farther waters in stencyl, since they arent limited to what they had sprited.

Mind uploading the vine swinging behavior to forge? It would be eternally useful to many of us in platformers, along with a "push block" behavior that changes the animation of the actor while pushing I see evident in this game.

alexsilent

This game is awesome, I just played it, its amazing how using fan art sprites can allow people to test farther waters in stencyl, since they arent limited to what they had sprited.

Mind uploading the vine swinging behavior to forge? It would be eternally useful to many of us in platformers, along with a "push block" behavior that changes the animation of the actor while pushing I see evident in this game.

Wow! Thank You so much!

I though about it.
But my behaviors is like chaos, many patches and not optimized.
Maybe I'll try make it more optimized and will upload to the forge.

P.S. For vines I'll used "Create Joint" function from "Ragdoll Test"

alexsilent

There is two behaviors, absolutely not universal and not optimized. :<
Without comments. Maybe I will try to optimized it.

Create Chains/Vines. It's behavior for the BASE of Vines.
I'll used "Create Joint" function from "Ragdoll Test"

Grab the Chains/Vines. It's behavior for Player.

Meteos

Nice game! Looks great but I wouldn't mind having some explanations here and there. Found a trophy looking thing at the flying part, then found a hole resembling it, but I didn't know how to use it. Kept pressing down hoping something will happen. I played all the way to the point where the background went blue and was wondering were the heck I was.

Jon

Nice work with joints there. We had to pass on documenting it this round, but they'll surely be getting some extra love, both in docs and in the toolset, down the road.

As for the limit, I can make an exemption when it comes time to publish the final version. What's taking up the bulk of the space? Music or graphics?

alexsilent

Nice game! Looks great but I wouldn't mind having some explanations here and there. Found a trophy looking thing at the flying part, then found a hole resembling it, but I didn't know how to use it. Kept pressing down hoping something will happen. I played all the way to the point where the background went blue and was wondering were the heck I was.

Thank You very much! I will try to create in the game clues in the pictures.

alexsilent

Nice work with joints there. We had to pass on documenting it this round, but they'll surely be getting some extra love, both in docs and in the toolset, down the road.

As for the limit, I can make an exemption when it comes time to publish the final version. What's taking up the bulk of the space? Music or graphics?

Thank You so much, Jon!! Yay!
I tried to unite objects by joints inside the level editor, but it gave not a good result,
because joints can be created only in the center of objects. :<
WOW! Great Thanks to You, Jon! In fact there is my newest version on Deviantart:
http://alexmakovsky.deviantart.com/art/Daring-Do-The-Game-Alpha-WIP-25-293516654
(Old Version + my music themes + sound ambients = very big size) (27 mb)
I think my game is in the final version will take up much space (40-50 mb).

BonBonBunny

Interested in this so hard.

Game looks great.  Still loading it so no input yet - just wanted to quickly comment that I've been fascinated by Daring Do since she appeared and I'm ecstatic that there are MLP games being made with Stencyl.

joechessum

One of the highest quality games I have seen on this site so far. The artwork is of a very good standard, I'm personally not a fan of the style but it will definitely draw in the MLP fans and I can see them really enjoy the direction you took with it.

The gameplay is simple and intuitive and the way you have those vines working is great(wanna steal that kind of tech for my games lol). The only problem I had was dealing with the larger enemies, especially the ones in narrow areas, it was quite hard to time jumps when hitting the ceiling as well as knowing when they would turn round on small platforms.

I'm not really a sound so I'll leave that to other members.

You seem to know where you wanna take this game and that's a great thing! Keep up the good work!

Joe
Currently working on my upcoming stencyl game SUPER Bear Hunter: Apocalypse. You can play what I've got so far here http://bit.ly/Kf743Q

alexsilent

Interested in this so hard.

Game looks great.  Still loading it so no input yet - just wanted to quickly comment that I've been fascinated by Daring Do since she appeared and I'm ecstatic that there are MLP games being made with Stencyl.

Thank You so much! \^_^/

alexsilent

One of the highest quality games I have seen on this site so far. The artwork is of a very good standard, I'm personally not a fan of the style but it will definitely draw in the MLP fans and I can see them really enjoy the direction you took with it.

The gameplay is simple and intuitive and the way you have those vines working is great(wanna steal that kind of tech for my games lol). The only problem I had was dealing with the larger enemies, especially the ones in narrow areas, it was quite hard to time jumps when hitting the ceiling as well as knowing when they would turn round on small platforms.

I'm not really a sound so I'll leave that to other members.

You seem to know where you wanna take this game and that's a great thing! Keep up the good work!

Joe

Wow! Thank You so much, Joe!
I'll try make it more best!

alexsilent

NEWEST VERSION:
(size~28 mb, because my musics and many ambients)
http://alexmakovsky.deviantart.com/art/Daring-Do-The-Game-Alpha-WIP-25-293516654

+4 new skills:
1) Double Jump
2) Earthquake Strike (Press Down at the Jump)
3) The Secret Griphon Goblets Doors Keeper
4) Keeper of Parasprites (press down when You stay near from Parasprites Totems)

RENGAC

Wow! This game has become a lot of better than I saw at the beginning! Good work!.