Faultline's Challenging Game Mechanic

Alexin

http://www.kongregate.com/games/Nitrome/faultline

The key mechanic of this game is to compress and stretch space (levels) literally. After reaching Room 5 and beyond, it becomes clear the manipulation of levels isn't purely cosmetics.

The engine behind this game intrigues and interests me quite a lot.
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com

RandomJibberish

I love Nitrome games. The best are the ones like this that take a simple puzzle mechanic and build complex levels off of them, without ever really needing to introduce anything new, which is how puzzle games should be done IMO.

This sort of approach reminds me of Portal in some ways - All you can do is shoot two holes that are linked to each other, but there's near unlimited depth in the puzzles that that idea leads to.

Rhys

That game is really good. I puzzled more over how it was made than I did over how to complete the levels, and I'm still wondering.

Hectate

had a chance to play a few levels. I'm very impressed. An excellent idea coupled with outstanding implementation.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Alexin

I've played some more games by Nitrome and I'm very impressed. Overall, the quality is outstanding and they can make good entire games out of a simple concept.
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com