Making an object not affected by collisions

big12isu

Hi, I am making a game which contains a ball that has to jump over some squares that come across the screen. If they touch there is a collision and the ball will roll off the screen and the player will lose. I want to make a power up so that the squares go right through the ball like the ball is invisible. Is there any way to turn off collisions between objects like this?

Hectate

You have two ways of doing this easily. The first below is probably the best choice.

1. When the player has a powerup, switch the ball to a different animation (you'll probably want to do this anyway, since the players need visual feedback that they're "invincible"). For that animation, give it a collision shape whose group is one that does not collide with the squares.

2. When the player has a powerup, switch the squares to an animation that does not have a collision shape that collides with the ball (or just an animation without a collision shape altogether).
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.