[iOS][BUG!] Multi-touch coordinates totally wrong (2.0)

emf715

Not sure what's going on. At first I though X and Y were simply reversed, but it's more than that.

• The "Y of touch point" block (within Multi Touch) is clearly reporting the X value, rather than the Y value.
  • The "X of touch point" block is reporting...um...I think the number may be the VERTICAL coordinate as measured from the BOTTOM of the screen

In any case, the numbers returned by "X/Y of touch point" are complete different from "X/Y of current touch" For example, when I click the corner of my button, the Current Touch coordinates are (9,288). The Touch Point coordinates are reported as (32, 9) for the same point.

I can whip together a quick demo if I'm not being clear enough.

-Evan

Jon

Is the value wrong in both landscape and portrait or just landscape? (usually, this kind of thing is a landscape/portrait discrepancy)

emf715

My game is landscape-only, so that may be it. I'll try it out in portrait and let you know.

emf715

UPDATE:
Yeah, it's only a problem in landscape games. Portrait works as expected.

Is this a bug, or working as intended? Should I code based on the 'wrong' coordinates, or will a fix be incoming?

Thanks,
Evan

Jon

I'll fix it this week.

emf715

Jon: was this fixed in one of the nightly builds? I couldn't seem to find a change log....

Jon

Not yet. I'll reply here once it's fixed.

I'm blitzing through documentation all of this weekend since that was sitting too long and I wanted to get that done.

Jon

I'm looking at this now.

emf715

Great! I hope it's an easy fix for you.

Jon