Pokemon Like Kit?

sonicspeed53

Can Anyone Make A Pokemon Like Kit?

LDeathnote

If only... I've been praying for someone to make this kind of kit!! But I think its only wishful thinking :/

sonicspeed53

Someone Should Just Make One... Even If It Was Very Limited It Would Still Be Awesome...

Kitler

are you talking about graphic resources? if you mean the whole move database and '6-pokemon-belt' and battle system and 'storing in pc' mechanic, that's a very complex and specialized system when you get right down to it.

Quite unlikely we'll see that anytime soon.

LDeathnote

I can't speak for the others but I'd be hopung for just the battle system where you add you're own battle animations, attacks, etc. Just have the basic layout available. Even then, thats still asking alot from someone. sighs

rob1221

Making a kit, especially one like this, isn't easy, and it needs to be set up so that the developers who use it don't have to rewrite half of it to make it useful.  I might consider making a simple battle system sometime after 2.0 is official, but not now as I'm busy with other projects.

sonicspeed53

are you talking about graphic resources? if you mean the whole move database and '6-pokemon-belt' and battle system and 'storing in pc' mechanic, that's a very complex and specialized system when you get right down to it.

Quite unlikely we'll see that anytime soon.

I Was Mainly Meaning A Basic Battle System With Like, 3 Pokemon Types. Also Like A Few Items Like A Potion And A Type Of Pokeball...

airman4

Making a kit, especially one like this, isn't easy, and it needs to be set up so that the developers who use it don't have to rewrite half of it to make it useful.  I might consider making a simple battle system sometime after 2.0 is official, but not now as I'm busy with other projects.

I hope so much a street fighter 2 kit  ^^

sonicspeed53

I hope so much a street fighter 2 kit  ^^
Street Fighter Would Be Cool...

samuelpearce

I was looking for a fighting game kit. It probably would've made the games I'm about to publish better (I had to convert them to platformers). But a pokemon kit would be epic!!

ipe 369

This sounds so fun! I will try this ;)
Only the battling to start with i think, and walking around. also i dont understand kits :/
I'll keep you all posted on how i do?

ipe 369

On second thoughts, it seems a waste just to make a game then give it away for free? What does everyone think?
Also, what would the reception for a pokemon like game be? Ignoring the legalities, would it be frowned upon to copy this idea?

« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 01:53:58 pm by ipe 369 »

rob1221

Even if you did try to sell a kit, unless it's super awesome no one would even consider buying it.  You can't do that through StencylForge anyway.  I suppose you could ask for donations or put ads in the kit and request they not be removed.  Of course, the kit still has to be super awesome to bother doing that.

ipe 369

Ok cool, i'll keep that in mind, i'll probably put a demo of a game or something up and if people like it i'll give it away free :P
Legal wise, am i safe to publish a pokemon game? providing i didnt use any of the names or sprites :P nintendo dont own a type of game do they?
If you put this game on kongregate, would it be accepted? or would people just hate on it and say it's a copy :P

rob1221

Well if you make the game different enough, then I don't see any problems with it.