Pokemon Like Kit?

sonicspeed53

Well if you make the game different enough, then I don't see any problems with it.
I Agree With Rob, You Would Have To Make New EVERYTHING. People Also Publish Parody Games So I Guess You Could Make It A Rip Off Of Pokemon? But Pokemon Games Are A Type Of RPG, So You Could Make A Battle Sort Game And Avoid Lawsuits

ipe 369

So if i had the same mechanisms (6 pokemon, battling etc), like EXACTLY the same, but different pokemon and different people and different places and different moves and different animations for everything, that'd be ok?

By the way i've got the movement working :) It was more difficult than i thought because pokemon works in tiles so i had to be sure you were staying within those tiles, and when you collided with things it got a little tricky :P But it's been sorted, as long as you put special collisions on the corner tiles XD

ipe 369

Ok, i've just started work on opening your inventory. The inventory is a whole different scene, when i switch i record the scene that i used to be in so i can easily switch back. The problem is when i switch back the whole scene resets? XD

Hectate

Yes, switching scenes completely dumps everything from the previous scene and loads the new one. Going back to the previous scene is like loading it from new again. Unless you have behaviors to change how the scene appears when it is first loaded (perhaps using Game Attributes to set the state of the differences), it will always reload the same way.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

ipe 369

If i ever carry on with this, i'll just make the menu thing pop up as an actor :P

Hectate

Quite a few actors, I would imagine (the background, one for every button, etc). Keep in mind also that the ability to enable and disable pause selectively for your actors is designed expressly for this purpose. It allows you to have the menu work while everything else is paused.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

ipe 369

I've got a global variable for that actually ;)
I'm having trouble though, it's incredibly messy. Does anyone wanna help?