(Free) Will Help Design Levels for Games

NegaChomp

Hello everyone! Since I've stopped working on Chomp's Vacation, I've decided to help others out with their games while I make a new engine. Well, it just so happens that level design is my strong point. So if anyone needs a level done, I can do it for you. I have experience designing levels for sidescrolling platformers, but I have a little bit of experience with top down RPGs, and I'm willing to try something new. As long as school doesn't get in my way, I'll typically get stuff done in a couple of days. I do not require any kind of payment, all I wish is to receive credit for my work (preferably under the future company name, Gravity Games). Thank you for your time, and hopefully I can get some levels done soon!

EDIT: Added a picture of my most recent work.
Pictures of recent works:

Mari0 (Super Mario Bros/Portal Fangame)custom level:
http://s1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa370/GravityGames/Chomps%20Vacation%20Beta%20Pics/Mari0%20Custom%20Level/?albumview=slideshow

« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 10:46:52 am by NegaChomp »
Need a level done for a project? Ask here: http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,8255.0.html

LDeathnote

I might just take you up on you're offer if its still on the table.

I am working on a RPG game and someone to help create levels would be greatly appreciated! At the present, there is me, an artist and I am waiting on a reply from a composer who will create a full OST for us, although we already have music, tailored would be nice.

Any chance of some screenies of past work? Here's a quick scene I whipped up. (Our own tiles of course.)

NegaChomp

I might just take you up on you're offer if its still on the table.

I am working on a RPG game and someone to help create levels would be greatly appreciated! At the present, there is me, an artist and I am waiting on a reply from a composer who will create a full OST for us, although we already have music, tailored would be nice.

Any chance of some screenies of past work? Here's a quick scene I whipped up. (Our own tiles of course.)

Okay, I'd be glad to help you with your project. Just tell me some of the things you'd like me to work with (like the tileset, the theme, the size, etc.) As for screenshots, I've never really made a map for a top-down RPG, so its something new I guess. But you're right, I'd probably get more offers if I put some screenshots of past work in the first post (I should probably pick more recent work though)...
Need a level done for a project? Ask here: http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,8255.0.html

LDeathnote

I'd be happy with some help, loads of work to go around. :P But, previous work needs to be seen unfortunately.

Hypnohustla

I dont feel that the level design was THAT good in Chomps vacation, and the Super Mario fan levels were too busy and crammed up. Do you have anything more to show? You really should have more under your belt before declaring level design as your strong point.

PS: the screenshots you provided are not working...
Follow me on Twitter

LDeathnote

I dont feel that the level design was THAT good in Chomps vacation, and the Super Mario fan levels were too busy and crammed up. Do you have anything more to show? You really should have more under your belt before declaring level design as your strong point.

He PM'd be a screenshot he made in 40 minutes for a generic RPG and he did a great job!

Hectate

I have to agree with the Mario levels. Maybe it's mostly because he's using a "outdoor" tileset but still has many overhead "rock" blocks, but it does seem crowded.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

NegaChomp

Actually I know that Chomp's Vacation's level design stunk, it was pretty much made that way to account for an extremely flawed, glitchy, and terribly coded engine on my part. This, along with the stencyl project getting corrupted is exactly why I abandoned this project. As for the Mari0 level, I guess I'll try removing a lot of the roof and see how that helps. Oh, and the aforementioned RPG map is here: