Introduce Yourself!

Kitheif

@Rostiger
Those games look sweet!

@Joe
Thanks  :)

ridhwaan08

@Rostiger great games hope you stick around and make some great games here as you did with GM
@Steven I admire your art it's excellent what program did you use
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!

Audrey Hepburn

Kitheif

@ridhwaan08
Thanks man  :)
Graphics Gale is my pixel tool of choice, but honestly I'd sometimes just use the editor provided with Game Maker haha

konsoradical

Heey my name is Konrad, and ive been in the community for about two months now but have never introduced myself :O and its been great so far aha. Im 16 years old and am soon hoping to to finish my first stencyl game. One day during the summer me and my friends decided to make some flash games and im not the type to quit an unfinished project so im completing my try at making a flash game! :D

kateking

Hi I'm Kate,
I'm so thrilled to find stencyl!
I have already learnt so much just reading a lot of your posts :)
My experience is limited...
I'm a mad musician that gave up travelling when I had my two gorgeous boys. Now I'm a Pj wearing "work at home" mum. I run a couple of online shops etc
I have a lot of original music and stories that I would like to bring to life with stencyl.
Looking forward to learning and observing in this forum  ;D

gplar

Welcome, Konrad and Kate.
You´ve discovered an excellent tool, and a friendly and helpful forum.  :)

spoogob

I have a lot of original music

welcome!

Ive been into stencyl a few months now, and also make my own music for years now.. good luck - youll find lots of helpful folk along the way. :)

twotimingpete

Hi I'm Kate,
I'm so thrilled to find stencyl!
I have already learnt so much just reading a lot of your posts :)
My experience is limited...
I'm a mad musician that gave up travelling when I had my two gorgeous boys. Now I'm a Pj wearing "work at home" mum. I run a couple of online shops etc
I have a lot of original music and stories that I would like to bring to life with stencyl.
Looking forward to learning and observing in this forum  ;D

Welcome.

I'm also an artist/musician. Stencyl seems to attract us creative types since a lot of us need help with making the technical side of development easier, so it's a natural fit.

What kind of games are you interested in making?

kateking

Thanks for the very kind welcome! :)
"What kind of games am I interested in making?"
well...
I have a Zombie song that I think has an awesome guitar riff (LOL) and a vivid storyline so...something fun to go with that? I was thinking a horror zombie locked in a room type of thing aimed at an android/ios tablet app market. Hoping people will click through and buy the mp3 from itunes and I'll win a grammy, JOKE! but one must dream... and it could happen right? ;D

Then on the other end of the scale I have a whole music/ story thing I wrote for my little ones about red red rocket to the moon (which isn't as boring as it sounds :P) I would like to develop it as a point and click adventure game but with mini platform games within it?

My plan is to try lots of different things while learning how to use this software so these ideas will probably change with more experience under my belt!

The tech side is definitely a challenge as my only prior experience is photoshop, a little beginner animation and some website creation sooo a long long road ahead.

I've read good advice on here about starting small so...that's what I'll do.

(@twotimingpete, your art is wonderful! I love the characters (assets) you have created, and my heart skipped a beat when you said you created them in photoshop, very inspiring! Just got signed up for "Creative Cloud" (this is not spam, just saying...) so I could get a 30 day trial of photoshop CS6 extended. I have been working with photoshop 7!)

« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 09:13:24 pm by kateking »

twotimingpete

The title "red rocket" makes my nervous, especially as a children's story.  :D

kateking

Snap, just added a bit to my previous post about your art  :)
LOL at your thoughts on red rocket I assure you it is appropriate  ;D

twotimingpete

Snap, just added a bit to my previous post about your art  :)

thanks. I mainly use the brushes and layers for what I do, for that reason I've often wondered if a more brush focussed software, such as painter, would be better for me -- but I don't like trying to learn new things.

wilycodger

Hi everyone!

My name's Ilya Zarembsky. I'm a first-year student at NYU's MFA program in Game Design. We used GameMaker for our digital studio class last semester, but I didn't love it, so I started looking around for alternatives and found Stencyl. I've just started playing around with it, but I like it better already. I really like that Stencyl makes it so easy to publish to the web & uses popular non-proprietary scripting languages.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi! Looking forward to learning, making, and getting to know all of you.

Cheers,
IVZ / wilycodger

P.S. If you're considering going to school for game design -- especially if you're curious about the NYU program -- please feel free to message me with your questions!

SketchieDemon

hi guys

Im Jack or SketchieDemon.

Made my first game last summer 2012 for my graduate exhibition at college and doing a part time game design and content course. Assignments are for making games in Stencyl. Its all a bit new to me so I will be asking foolish and obvious questions on here and looking for help. Thanks guys.
SketchieDemon

Joe

Welcome, guys!

Jack, would you mind sharing which school you're attending that's teaching with Stencyl?