Introduce Yourself!

Innes

You can be an Aussie by proxy or something then XD
Thanks.
We're planning to apply for citizenship as soon as we can, but that's a few years away!
Your avatar's fantastic; did you design it?
Visit www.TheStencylBook.com - the only published book for learning Stencyl.

WauloK

Yes. I drew it in Paint.Net hehe.
Glad you like it :D
Fun games for desktop and mobile soon!
http://www.BlueBilby.com/

davinden

Hello
My name is davinden. I am new in this forum. So don't know about this Forum. Please tell me Something about this forum. I think Ill get lot of knowledge from here.

Stevetheipad

Hello
My name is davinden. I am new in this forum. So don't know about this Forum. Please tell me Something about this forum. I think Ill get lot of knowledge from here.
Hello and welcome! :)

This forum is mostly dedicated to Stencyl related things, some more serious and some loose.

NexusxAlpha

My name is Sam, I have been here for quite a while now, orginally a beta tester until I lost my old beta tester account somehow. So, a bit about me. I like programming the little bits of games that are really involved. I have made several games, mostly on NG and Kongregate.

I first started wanting to make games when I was in school. It was always an idea though and nothing more. I remember a friend of mine telling me about Stencyl and I got the beta but couldn't wrap my head around it so I kinda quit.

Last year in October/November time, a friend of mine told me about Stencyl again and how great it was. So I downloaded it and created my first game called Gunners 3K. It was a great feeling to have had made my first game and I will be making more and more. Hoping to making iOS and Android games very soon.

That's me in a nutshell. TaDa
Sam

Stevetheipad

My name is Sam, I have been here for quite a while now, orginally a beta tester until I lost my old beta tester account somehow. So, a bit about me. I like programming the little bits of games that are really involved. I have made several games, mostly on NG and Kongregate.

I first started wanting to make games when I was in school. It was always an idea though and nothing more. I remember a friend of mine telling me about Stencyl and I got the beta but couldn't wrap my head around it so I kinda quit.

Last year in October/November time, a friend of mine told me about Stencyl again and how great it was. So I downloaded it and created my first game called Gunners 3K. It was a great feeling to have had made my first game and I will be making more and more. Hoping to making iOS and Android games very soon.

That's me in a nutshell. TaDa
Sam
Cool, welcome, I guess. :)

Altwinggames

Hello.  I'm a college grad and Navy veteran probably a few years older than some of you, and I'm living in Brooklyn, New York.  I've been trying to wrap my head around Flash (I have CS5) for about 2 years now, but I just haven't got the hang of it.  So I admit I am coming to Stencyl with a different background than many of you. . . I'm a complete novice who just could not get the hang of anything else. 

And I have a day job, so I'm doing this just for fun.  Well, I can be very intense about my fun, but I mean I'm not concerned if I make money, and so can march to my own drummer without worrying about ranking or popularity.  I'm doing this because I feel I have something to say, and right now Stencyl appears the best way to help me say it.

Stevetheipad

Hello.  I'm a college grad and Navy veteran probably a few years older than some of you, and I'm living in Brooklyn, New York.  I've been trying to wrap my head around Flash (I have CS5) for about 2 years now, but I just haven't got the hang of it.  So I admit I am coming to Stencyl with a different background than many of you. . . I'm a complete novice who just could not get the hang of anything else. 

And I have a day job, so I'm doing this just for fun.  Well, I can be very intense about my fun, but I mean I'm not concerned if I make money, and so can march to my own drummer without worrying about ranking or popularity.  I'm doing this because I feel I have something to say, and right now Stencyl appears the best way to help me say it.

Welcome to Stencyl! =D

Hectate

Much of the same for me - programming was so obtuse until I tried Flixel. Then the light just went off and I started off running. That led me to Stencyl, which is very handy. Good luck!
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Tray911

Hi,
     I am new to this active forum and have been enjoying the posts and tutorials. I'm currently learning Java and SQl in college and came across an article that led me to Stencyl. Three days later and no sleep, I have been trying to learn the UI and visual logic programming. The drag and drop features are fantastic but the behavior and events are little confusing.
     I'm excited to learn more about this great program and hope that there will be more tutorials posted based on the new version. It sounds like version 3.0 is almost here as well. Currently I am not a subscriber but I'm seriously considering making the jump to pro/studio subscriber. Can anyone tell me if there is more support for a subscriber, in regards to learning the application. Thanks and I look forward to learning from you all.

Stevetheipad

Hi,
     I am new to this active forum and have been enjoying the posts and tutorials. I'm currently learning Java and SQl in college and came across an article that led me to Stencyl. Three days later and no sleep, I have been trying to learn the UI and visual logic programming. The drag and drop features are fantastic but the behavior and events are little confusing.
     I'm excited to learn more about this great program and hope that there will be more tutorials posted based on the new version. It sounds like version 3.0 is almost here as well. Currently I am not a subscriber but I'm seriously considering making the jump to pro/studio subscriber. Can anyone tell me if there is more support for a subscriber, in regards to learning the application. Thanks and I look forward to learning from you all.
Hello! :)

No, I don't think there are better/more tutorials for Pro subscribers. However, they do offer (but aren't legally bound to) priority support for Pro subscribers.

KytraDOGMA

Hey party people. 
I've done nothing but play with Stencyl for the last 6 days straight.  I've used these forums a lot for tips and solutions. Figured it was about time I just joined you all.
I'm Derek or KytraDogma, if you wish.
Nice to meet you all.  Thanks for asking and answering questions errybody. 

Stevetheipad

Hey party people. 
I've done nothing but play with Stencyl for the last 6 days straight.  I've used these forums a lot for tips and solutions. Figured it was about time I just joined you all.
I'm Derek or KytraDogma, if you wish.
Nice to meet you all.  Thanks for asking and answering questions errybody. 
Welcome! :)

SK08

Hi my name is Sherridon I am an artist that just found out about game developing and want to make game art  :)

Stevetheipad

Hi my name is Sherridon I am an artist that just found out about game developing and want to make game art  :)
Awesome! Welcome. :)