Introduce Yourself!

Leaufai

Welcome all recent newcomers. Hope you'll enjoy it here. I know I do. Great community.

gatostao

Hello, im Camilo, i am an Industrial designer but i want to make a video game designer carrier and i am starting with Stencyl. Grettings for everyone

dragonbevan

heyaz everyone!! Im Dragonbevan, i love retro games and drss up ones and these are the sorts i try and make :) Im not very good due to lack of patience...but thats me! I am also a fursuiter, artist, budding special effects artist and a writer :)

RathMutatio

Yo.

Rath here. Just a new game maker, you could say.
Been enjoying the program and am on my way into making a game.

If anyone wants to help out, let me know! And look forward to it.

Enthriper

:-\ H-Hi everyone.. Im Enthriper.. I like to make rpg games on Stencyl.. Its really tough for me since im new.. but i have already adjusted to programming.. Im pretty good.. Not GREAT,AWESOME,SUPER, just good.  :-[
Holy magic is my thing.

Tuo

Hello all,
I am an intermediate coder who has been tinkering around with Stencyl for a while now. I like the flexibility and the blocks... not the lag. I'm hoping 3.0 will shape that part up, so I don't have to rely on the "Lagless" method so much. As for my games, I haven't released any yet, but I'm working on a maze-style game. My goal is to show the world that just because a game is "Christian" doesn't mean it can't be fun; each game will have a theme/message that inspired it, such as the one I am working coming from the idea of walking by faith, not by sight. My reason for finally joining the forums is to try to find someone to work with in my projects for sound and art. I expect it to be an uphill climb since my pay is minimal at best and credits with a link at worst (going to donate proceeds to charity).

So, in short, I'm someone who aims for the impossible and hopes to actually achieve it! :P

Quick Fact: No, my name is not "Tuo" but rather "The Unknown One". I prefer if people look beyond me to the One who inspires me.
Don't look to me but rather to the One who is the reason for what I do. :)

If you need help, send me a PM. Even if I haven't been on in the forums in ages, I still receive those messages via email notifications. You can also reply to any of my forum posts, regardless of the age (especially if I created it), and I will likely reply.

If you want to see the programming behind certain types of games, feel free to check out my "Demo-" games on StencylForge (http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,16160.0.html)

scottty

Im Scotty.

My background is in Film.
Sound and Editing.

I have made the change to games as the concept is the same.
Animation actors seem to be more pleasant to work with and don't stuff your scene up so much.

I have a intrest in Animation and have done sound design for many short films.

Need a hand Just ask.
The Key is not to have the Person playing the game - But the game playing the Person.

Tuo

Welcome scottty (and everyone else). I do like your signature; it's rather true :P.

If you need help, send me a PM. Even if I haven't been on in the forums in ages, I still receive those messages via email notifications. You can also reply to any of my forum posts, regardless of the age (especially if I created it), and I will likely reply.

If you want to see the programming behind certain types of games, feel free to check out my "Demo-" games on StencylForge (http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,16160.0.html)

snowmanD

hello i am roach aka snowmanD and i frackken love stencyl. i just recently began using, was using gamemaker 8.1 pro.
 i am also a linux user i hate windows  ;)

Tuo

v4ncouver

Hello from Vancouver,
My name is E J Renner and am with http://prepiano.com were I specialize in developing educational software for children.
In the past, I have developed 10 apps which are available in iTunes under the "Little Composers" brand and now that the websites are up and running I want to get back to developing more apps as well as updating perviously published ones.

I am especially interested in local Vancouver based developers who I'd like to hire on a freelance basis because the workload is getting to a point where I can no longer manage.

My interests are:
  • composing, arranging, performing, teaching and recording music
  • 2D / 3D graphics design and animation
  • web design and developing WordPress themes

I hope to use Stencyl exclusively to develop all new content and publish to every platform Stencyl exports to.

I hope that I can learn a lot about Stencyl and can't wait to buy the book which I saw is in the works ...

Ciao for now,
E R

Tuo

Welcome :)

Don't wait for any book... just go to Kongregate and search for Abigayl's tutorials ;).

Brano97

Hi,my name is Branislav,but you can call me Brano or Bryan :D
When I was about..7 Years old,my friend got a PS 1 and we were playing it a lot.We were playing Gta 2,the most :D.
A few years later,I got a PS2.And then,I learned to speak English.And when I was 13,I started thinking about all those games I played and I got the idea to make my own game.So,I wanted to find a program to make games.But,most of them were hard to use,or I had to pay to buy them..But after some time,I found Game Maker.I used it for two years and made several games (none of them was successful).And a few weeks ago,I found Stencyl.I was surprised when I saw how good it is..I got used with the interface and I know how to make platform and maze games.This is so awesome,it just took me a day or two to remember how to make stuff.And it's very easy and very useful..And for the ending I would just like to say..THANKS FOR MAKING STENCYL!! :D

Tuo

Welcome Brano :)

I've had a similar journey myself, with the same result: Stencyl has far surpassed anything I've used in the past.

XBathRobeManX

HI!

Im XBathRobeManX, You can call me Mikey.
When i was young, I had a cousin who always played a game when we were there. I thought it was the coolest game ever and me and my friend made a game in real life of it. we drew levels played it, and got attacks on cards and stuff based on that and another uknown game. A while later when I knew the name of the coolest game (it was maplestory) me and my friend downloaded it right away and played it. We were having a great time even though we could go over level 20 and thought lvl 30 was awesome. I still have all drawings of it.
Now, i really like epic games and fighting and stuf and freerunning, (mirrors edge is coolest freerun game) so i decided a few weeks ago to make a freerunning game and i found this. but last week, i was thinking about the game and i decided to making it. its pretty hard and i need some maplestory character sprites and frames and i need to know how to make character costumize. plzz somebody if you know how to make it... let me know!!!!!!!!!

(sorry for the long message)

Greetings, Mikey

PS: Im from Holland so my English S*cks