Irock Inquires - Stencyl interviews

Jon

It could use a a banner image at the top of the article (660 x whatever, same style) to spice up the top. Besides that I'm done on my end.

How frequently do you intend to do these?

Rhys

Really nice! Where will this be showcased on the site? (homepage, nav bar etc)

irock

I'm glad everyone enjoyed the interview!

@Strasteo: It would be very interesting if they could become longer and feature deep conversations and have more questions that branch off of from other questions. I think that will come with time, as I found it surprisingly difficult to do. I did think of a few other questions I would have loved to ask in the interview.

@Jon: My own section of the website- thanks! Now I have a reason to not slack off.

Should the banner image be article specific, or just a general Irock Inquires banner?

I'd like to do these maybe every week, but that really depends on how much content there is to interview people about.

Ceric

Hi Irock, do you want a list of more questions to ask? I interview people all the time for my day job.

Jon

Specific to the article.

I've made a (temporary) section header on the interview landing page (1000 x 60). I haven't decided where this will fit on the site yet, but it's likely to be featured prominently on the blog's navigation elements and somewhere on the informational part of the site.

If it's a weekly thing, I'll look into admin CP support for this later this week.

If you'd like to edit the section-wide banner, I'll post the PSD. I only ask that for that, you stick to the 1000 x 60 size. You are free to change the rest of it.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 12:01:46 pm by Jon »

irock

Hi Irock, do you want a list of more questions to ask? I interview people all the time for my day job.
Anything that could help improve my interviewing skills would be appreciated! I'd prefer them over private message so people won't know what to expect in upcoming interviews. :D

@Jon Here are some banners for the article. I personally like how the third one looks on the interview page, but it's not very consistent with the other banners.

I think the section-wide banner is good for now. I don't have any good ideas for it.

Jon

Added in. Thanks!

Chris

You make a much better Iwata. Nice job.

Jesse

I enjoyed this, it sounds like a great idea. :)

Masked

Loving the set up for the interview page. Big, chunky screenshot icons. I can picture the page being a lovely mosaic of the kind of games Stencyl can make not too long down the line.

Maybe you should do individual topics for each interview just saying that one is up, stating the interviewee and providing a link. That would provide a forum for talking about it. Of course, that's more practical once open beta starts and there are more people to talk about things.

Ceric

Hi Irock, I sent you the questions via PM. Looking forward to more interviews!

HNF

I saw the banner on the homepage and I think it's great that this will be an official part of the website! I can't wait for more interviews!

Joe

Nice interview! Not sure if anyone pointed this out, but I think you're missing an on in one of the questions:

"Finally, you are working a game..."

irock

Ahh, it must have gotten cut out somehow while I was changing the HTML and CSS.

Jon

I threw together a quick interview manager for you. Check it out.

The general procedure with images is to use the Image uploader for articles (which dumps it under static.stencyl.com) and then take the URL of that.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 12:04:06 am by Jon »