Artist looking to TRADE Pixels for Code

Yeti Ball

Hello all,

I am an artist (actually an Industrial Designer by trade) who has recently discovered Stencyl and immediately fell in love with the software, particularly how easy it makes it for someone such as myself, a person with little to no knowhow when it comes to coding and programing, to build a game. 

Obviously, the StencylForge and the very helpful community on these forums have proved to be a great resource for codes and behaviors, however, I'm interested in teaming up with some individual programmers to help with some of the more tricky things I'm trying to implement.

I happen to find myself at a point in my life where I'm interested in making a career shift from commercial product design to the field of Entertainment Design, and so, in an effort to not only beef up my portfolio with some non-Product Design related work and also finish the game I am working on, I am proposing a trade of skills , so to speak.

Basically, I'm looking for some experienced, serious people who are in need of art assets for their current project.  Although I realize that sprites and pixel art are probably in the highest demand around here, I'm more interested in being involved in assets more along the lines of concept art, character design, environment design and UI design (although I'm open to anything). 

In return, I'm looking for someone who can help me create behaviors and code for my current project. 
  I guess the exchange could be based on time spent or some other arrangement.  Ultimately, I'm hoping to create lasting relationships that might span several projects in the future.

I've attached some images from my portfolio below. Most of them are product design related, as this is what I do for a living, but hopefully they will give you an idea of where I am coming from.  I work in the toy industry, so most of the illustration work I've done is geared towards that, but I've also included some sketches to demonstrate some flexibility on my part.

I'm not particularly interested in any particular genre of game, like I said, I'm interested in beefing up my portfolio and developing my skills in this field, so I'm up to anything, as long as its challenging. 

If this sounds like something your interested in, please PM me here on the forums with some samples of your work that demonstrate your experience level, a short description of your current project(s) any other information that you think might be relevant. 

Best,
YB

Product Design

Illustrations

Sketches (kind of old stuff)

Water Drop Game
Check out my new game on the Stencyl Arcade (UPDATED June 21st!).
http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/13158
Don't forget to comment and rate! :D

darkknighth20

Interesting pics =P

Do much pixel art?

& what kind of code are you looking for? (just curious!)

If you want something super easy to make that will utilize your art skills, I recommend making an "Escape..." type game where your goal is to solve a handful of puzzles, locate some objects, etc -- to escape a room.
- DarkKnightH20
Need Help?
>> Stencyl Guides
Current Game In Progress >> A Hack N Slash

1dot44mb

Dear Yeti Ball,

I am a game designer, looking for an artist with vision and creativity. If you are interested in creating art for on going game projects. Please let me know.

Thanks.