Player and tiles collision problem.

jol

Hi guys, I have several problem with stencyl, well I have this problems since a while (on stencyl 1.3 and now on the beta).
First
When I touch a tiles with the character he go trough the tiles and get stuck in the floor. (I have continuous collisions "on")

Second problem, sometimes when I do wall jump (or other move I don't know exactly why he do that) the character can't move forward or backward I can only jump and duck but on the same place.

Thanks you guy if you know how I can fix this !

« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 04:43:33 am by jol »

Ganu

Well Thats weird, can you post ss of your behavior? And how do the collision shape looks like? -Its square or what?
Currently waiting for joints in stencylworks.

jol

Hi, the collision are just a square. And the behaviors are the one I get in the Jump and Run Plus as you can see :

« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 05:15:51 am by jol »

Ganu

So I see you are using premade behaviors? Directly from forge?
Currently waiting for joints in stencylworks.

rob1221

Use the debug drawing blocks to make sure the collision shapes are correct.  Also, if your combined tile collision shape is too complex (and based on that screenshot it might be), actors can sometimes travel through tiles.  The solution to that problem is to break up your combined tile shape, adding actors to fill the gaps if needed.

jol

Hi, in this level I use the default collision box, it is just a box for every tiles, nothing very complex. I will try the debug drawing blocks (don't know what it is) and see if I can fix it. Thanks.

jol

So I see you are using premade behaviors? Directly from forge?
Sorry I didn't see your post, Yes I use Premade behaviors from forge.