Indie Game: The Movie - A must-watch for pretty much everyone here

BonBonBunny

Heya Stencyl-folks!  I should stop being shy and post around here again.

Here's something I thought was awesome and definitely worth sharing with the crowd here.

Indie Game: The Movie is a video game documentary that focuses on the creative journey of independent game creators and developers.

Featured most prominently in the film are Edmund McMillen and Tommy Refenes (Super Meat Boy), Phil Fish (Fez), and Jonathan Blow (Braid).  A full list of everyone included in the documentary's footage is available on the site's FAQ page (fifth question from the bottom; the one with all the links c;).

Screenings of the documentary are on tour all across the country, and there is also the option to buy it on DVD (preorder only for now).

The trailer here I'm sure hits home to much of the community here. c:

Hope this generates some interest and inspiration among you guys.  I thought you'd like it. c;

Hectate

Personally, I'm looking forward to Mega 64's re-cut version.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cefRXuXX4A
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Blob

I donated to its second Kickstarter, so look for my name in the special thanks \( c: )/

Strasteo

Looking forward to this a whole bunch! I've reserved a copy of the special edition. I think it'll be worth it, looking at all the stuff they're thinking about putting in. :D

x70x

I was lucky enough to see this at the GDC screening last month. The movie nearly had me in tears. Really powerful and inspirational. So much so that I will be driving 3 hours to see it again in Chicago with my wife while the film is traveling around the country on tour. I highly recommend you try to see it if it comes to a city near you.

Joe

I was lucky enough to see this at the GDC screening last month. The movie nearly had me in tears. Really powerful and inspirational. So much so that I will be driving 3 hours to see it again in Chicago with my wife while the film is traveling around the country on tour. I highly recommend you try to see it if it comes to a city near you.

I didn't know it was coming here! I might try to make it to that.

Joe

Just bought my tickets. Really looking forward to seeing this.

LDeathnote

Wow there not asking for much with preorders.. :S Really want to see.. Dilemma!

Joe

Just saw the screening. It was very well done and really showed off games as an art form, which I really appreciated. The Q&A session with the directors was pretty insightful as well. I'd highly recommend anyone familiar with or having an interest in the gaming industry to check it out.