What FPS do you get when playing this?

katana

(Note: Not sure wether to put this here or in announce a game, since it's a new game, but I just want to see how it works with other people)

Just wondering, roughly what FPS do you get while playing this (select one option in the list):
http://dev.stencyl.net/play/game/play/2001

List:
30+:
tabletop
rhys
jon
irock
blackbishop89
winzenheimer
chris
ceric
blob
epic428

25-30:
jesse
chibicat

20-25:

15-20:
katana (note: multiple programs running in the background)

10-15:

1-10:

0:

So far, I've used recycled actors (increased FPS by 5 or so for me), and tried using less multiplication and more adding. I think I can pre-render the player, since that doesn't rotate. Are there any other tricks/ideas I can use to improve FPS?

EDIT: and so you know, blocks are drawn with trig, two squares with lines connecting them (rotates), and are white circles with hidden sprites by default.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 08:29:36 am by katana »
One of the two expert stencylers to have done precisely nothing to earn their title... Oh damn, he did something and got promoted. I need to get to work. Until then, I'm unique?
<Katana>: Blob: back me up :c
<Stevetheipad>: what's the "move pen to" block?
<Blob>: irock you are wrong
<Blob>: it's 2 against 1 we live in a democracy

tabletop

I get around 45 FPS.

Rhys

Can't you prerender it all? It's not like you're doing anything special with the perspective.

Jon

60. You definitely can pre-render the falling blocks based on what I see unless you have other plans for them.

Winzenheimer

It's really floaty, but I average at around 35 on my laptop.

Chris

60, but I'm using the Flash beta.

Jesse

I'm only getting around 30 FPS.

Ceric

Blob

A consistent 50 for me.

~ Blob

Chibicat

25-30 but my computer is a dinosaur.

Epic428

I got about 30-35, however I have about 15 tabs open in Firefox, plus several other programs running, and my pc hasn't been rebooted in several weeks. So I'm sure if I restarted it, my speed would be different. Oh and I'm running Incubator Build of Flash.
James Moore - Official Support & Documentation.
We cannot and will not respond to PM's asking questions. Please make a new thread in the forums if you have any questions, Thank you.
For better support and faster response times, please post your logs regarding any Stencyl related issues. Debug > Logs > Generate Logs

Alexin

45-60
Depends on how good I am at dodging blocks =P
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com

katana

Yeah, little explosion blocks add quite a bit of lag :/
One of the two expert stencylers to have done precisely nothing to earn their title... Oh damn, he did something and got promoted. I need to get to work. Until then, I'm unique?
<Katana>: Blob: back me up :c
<Stevetheipad>: what's the "move pen to" block?
<Blob>: irock you are wrong
<Blob>: it's 2 against 1 we live in a democracy