[iOS][Stencyl 2.0] Collision Test Bug

psyche

It seems that it gets triggered when Self collides with tiles.

Debug print of First Actor Group prints some numeric id.
Debug print of Second Actor Group prints "(null)".

Even if I try the "Actor-Any" block, and then test for "other actor" group, still same results.

In flash it does work properly though...

:-\

« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 01:29:38 am by psyche »

Jon

I'll check this out tomorrow.

Jon

I'm looking at this now. This is likely a case of just porting over a couple bits from Flash.

Jon

I can't reproduce this issue. I'll need to see a simple test game that exhibits it to look further.

psyche

Well, good thing it's not smthng permanent.
Bad thing it's happened to me :p
[Actually is really weird, the actor's group is not even set to collide with tiles.... what gives...]

I'll try to set a simple game and send it.

psyche

For some reason my collision groups had been messed up OR I'm missing something regarding their setup.

I had my "main player" set to the players group, and although I'd set up the Players group NOT to collide with Tiles group, that would have no effect. But maybe the defaults groups (the ones with the tiny lock) set-up between each other cannot be changed?

Anyway, I created a new group, lets say MainPlayers.

As soon as I created it, all set-up between groups got totally messed up.
Previous selections were all randomly changed.
One group (e.g. A) could set up to collide with B, and B was not!? I mean, if you selected Group A you could se the Group B button being "pressed", but if you selected group B, the Group A button was not.

Weird.

Anyhow, a reselected and deselected all my collision correlations, and now all seems OK.