Rename? [Duplicate, was fixed for 2.0]

sonicspeed53

When I Renamed My Game, The Entire Game Got Reset And All My Data Was Lost! The Game Was Completely Wiped From My System! WHY STENCYL? WHY?

« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 09:08:42 pm by Jon »

Miasmos Games

Did the new name contain all the same characters, just capitalised differently? (e.g. Yoshi>YOSHI)

Cupcake Bounce

captaincomic

Don't save the game! Leave everything like it is! Someone else had a similar problem, and I think his game could have been rescued if he wouldn't had opened the game in stencyl and saved it.

Did you change rename the game and just change the case (like from "EXample" to "Example")?

sonicspeed53

I Wish I Checked this! I SAVED IT! Im Going To Try To Set My Computer Back A Day...

captaincomic

I hope you have a recent backup?

Anyway here is the topic of that other user: http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,7729.0.html

Jon

As was pointed out in the links, this was fixed up for 2.0. If you're using 1.4.x or below, you'll run into this bug in this very particular case (renaming the game to the same name but changing the case, such as SONic to Sonic) thanks to how different file systems treat case-sensitivity in file names.