King David's Bible Trivia (1st DEMO 4.17.12)

magicpegasus

Hey, just uploaded an update! I'm pretty sure this is going to be identical to the DEMO, except it still needs sound/music. Currently five levels:
01: Jump, Man!
02: Stumbling Blocks
03: Stairway 2 Heaven
04: Snakes on a Game
05: Straight and Narrow

Plus an end screen. Right now I'm worried that level 04 is actually harder than 05, I think I might switch those.

@LDeathnote: haha! don't worry, there won't be any actual bible trivia in this game, at least not in the way you're thinking  ;D

@ipe 369: to handle the cutscenes (i.e. the scene between levels) I used a scene behavior I made called "levelhandler". It utilized a scene attribute which was set to the level I wanted to be coming up next. The coming level was decided by my "current level" game attribute. There's probably a better way to do it, but once I have a workings system for something, I tend to move on before I break it :) I attached a pic of the scene behavior...

I'll be back soon with sounds and music for the DEMO LAUNCH! I'm pretty excited. A big thanks to everyone following development and making suggestions, you guys are great!

LDeathnote

Sweet ;) I'll be back for the demo!

choas81

I'm back on Stencyl (:

Alright, this was a well-made game and I enjoy it. (First game since my last visit). Love side-scrolling games. Somewhat addictive. 8/10

magicpegasus

@ Chaos81: Welcome back! Thanks for checking out my game, I'm very happy to get an 8/10 this, especially since it isn't at demo/release status just yet.

magicpegasus

Just updated with some MUSIC!!! I think I will add very minimal sound effects, maybe just for jumping, and then release this as the demo version :)

LDeathnote

I find Level 1 is actually the hardest. I'd bump it up the list a bit. :P

magicpegasus

I find Level 1 is actually the hardest. I'd bump it up the list a bit. :P

Because of the last big jump? That's how I feel about a really tough jump in the snake level. The snake is sitting on like two whole blocks and he's ALMOST impossible to jump over. It has to be a pretty perfect double jump, and then there's a big jump over a pit of snakes to the ladder. The next level feels like an absolute pushover in comparison.

A lot of the feedback I seem to be getting is the game might be too difficult. I'm playing with the idea of making like doubling the levels with easier versions.

LDeathnote

That last jump.. o.0

Na I wouldn't call it too difficult, just to odd jump is extremely punishing. Other than that it runs fairly smooth.

magicpegasus

Ok, I got some sound FX in there and made a few small changes, I'm gonna call it a demo and make it playable to the public. Next step: some more levels and Kongregate achievements!

magicpegasus

I took a few screen shots and added to the OP so people will know what they're getting into. Have fun with the demo everybody! I will keep you updated on what's new in the next version. Thx 4 playing, thx 4 the support! -MP