Basic attack animation toggle

Brutal Adonis

>:(
I
I simply want an actor to switch animations when a button is pressed. It's not working. Checked all the tutorials guides etc. Nothing seems to address what seems to be a super basic function. Help please.....

Brutal Adonis

Thanks for the reply. I was already able to choose the animation I wanted for the actor I wanted in the behavior settings but when I test the game the actor does not respond to the button press (I have already defined the button as well too). Thus far I have managed only to get the actor to walk using the "simple walk" logic. That works fine... Great even. But nothing else has gone well. At all. 

Kiki123987

Well i have made a mistake there. Use this instead (if you are using Stencyl 2.0). Put in the time how long you want the punch animation to be shown. I chose 0.5 seconds, which is a bit to long i guess.

If you are not using Stencyl 2.0 you can also use the second screenshot.

Brutal Adonis

After making doing what you suggested it is only suggesting a single animation which would either be the default or normal. This is pretty counter intuitive and not far from just learning code from scratch.

Kiki123987

Well I have tried it, it works fine for me

Brutal Adonis

It's still not working. Dear God is there anyone I can upload this to who can take a look?

Kiki123987

Upload it and k will giveit a try, since it worked for me