Diablo like game ?

airman4

Hi
I just have in mind making a diablo 2 like in stencyl , but i wonder if it's ever possible ?

the big aera of the game , the animations etc , Is there a kit in stencyl 2.0 or lower  which is close of diablo games released yet ?

rob1221

Are you planning on making this isometric?  If so that will probably be the hardest part.  Captaincomic and Gemini both have worked on isometric design so you may want to talk to one of them.  The size of the world won't be much of an issue as long as you split it up into many different scenes.

airman4

I see

I saw an isometric kit

i'll take a look closer , maybe it was from them !

thanks for the answer.

Now if i want that as an isometric view ? maybe , i dont know
but the hardeest part could be the deal of the ennemies IA and the mouse click behavior (click somewhere and the character will go )

anyway i was just wondering on the technical side.

rob1221

Ah right, I forgot about pathfinding.  That isn't going to be easy.  I think a couple of people have done some work with simple grid-based pathfinding but you obviously need something more precise than that.  Read about pathfinding algorithms such as A*.

airman4

I see

I'll put that in freeze  since it seems heavy

Hope new kits coming tough
stencyl is really good.

ffcurry

If you could work out how to access the flash movie clips directly then you could make it non-isometrically and just give a slight 3d rotation with one or two lines of custom code once it is finished and everything would look 3d automatically. 

rob1221

I think Captaincomic's method does something like that.  He said he would post it on the Forge when 2.0 is officially released.