Save game corrupt, recovered, now game won't publish

gonaka

Hi there,
I encountered the save bug - when I tried to load up a game it wasn't in the list in the welcome centre. I pulled a backup  into the game folder, and it recovered. However when I try to test any scene now I get an actionscript report:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
   at stencyl.api.data::Assets$/toXML()[/home/stencyl/stencyl.net/jenkins/jobs/StencylWorks-Dist/workspace/plaf/flash/root/stencyl/api/data/Assets.as:145]
   at scripts::MyAssets/loadScenes()[C:\Users\gonaka\stencylworks\preview\scripts\MyAssets.as:474]
   at stencyl.api.data::Assets/loadAll()[/home/stencyl/stencyl.net/jenkins/jobs/StencylWorks-Dist/workspace/plaf/flash/root/stencyl/api/data/Assets.as:87]
   at scripts::MyAssets/initAssets()[C:\Users\gonaka\stencylworks\preview\scripts\MyAssets.as:392]
   at Function/<anonymous>()[C:\Users\gonaka\stencylworks\preview\scripts\MyAssets.as:319]

This error doesn't occur on any other game, and it did not appear prior to closing Stencyl (none of the files have been modified since saving to cause the error)

Any ideas?

(i've attached a log for the project prior to reopening)

« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 05:27:07 am by gonaka »

gonaka

i guess this one is lost on everybody...

LDeathnote

Lost on me but give it some time, the forums here are fairly slow. Help should come..Eventually. Patients ;)

gonaka

cheers =) I think I'm going to remake the project and see if it reoccurs -  a project can only get better with each revision =D

LDeathnote

I've never encountered that specific error but ya, recreate the project and hopefully it works. Did the trick for me in the past. :)

rleyfield

AAAHHHH! ALL MY GAMES JUST DISSAPEARED FROM THE WELCOME CENTER!
Found the most awesome balls game ever?
If it isn't my balls 2 from kongregate, you haven't viewed it.

NexusxAlpha

AAAHHHH! ALL MY GAMES JUST DISSAPEARED FROM THE WELCOME CENTER!

On your pc/mac whatever you use, search for the folder "StencylWorks" or "Stencyl" dependant on which version you are using, once you find the folder, drag all the games you wanna keep out of the folder.

Uninstall stencyl and remove the stencyl folder.

reinstall, place the folder(s) you dragged out of the stencyl folder

should work

if not

don't pass go, don't collect $200