Bunny Sidescroller RPG

Meteos

I just finished my newest game, Bunny Sidescroller RPG!

A sidecrolling RPG where you stomp, headbutt, shockwave and throw your way through the 14 rooms of Animal Palace! Gain EXP and raise your Bunny's HP, ATK, AMMO and LUCK stats to defeat the evil General Duck! Bringing peace back to the Animal Kingdom!

Music and sound effects are copyrigtht of Nintendo!

Here's a link to the game.

http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/12160

And here's a screenshot.

rob1221

I think some of those signs can be shortened or removed.  Almost all players will know that spikes and fire are bad, and if they run into a screen edge it will take them to the next area.  The phrase "death by tutorial" comes to mind.

LDeathnote

I'd shorten some of the signs but the spike and fire ones should stay. All I can say is get rid of shift, any other buttom please!! I'm sick of the pop-up for sticky keys which generally makes me die.

magicpegasus

I like the attack system. That's one tough bunny!

Meteos

Thanks a lot guys! I love Bunnies! I do agree that I over did it with the signs though, I put extra ones there just to fill empty space, resorting to having some of them tell you basic knowledge.

I'd shorten some of the signs but the spike and fire ones should stay. All I can say is get rid of shift, any other buttom please!! I'm sick of the pop-up for sticky keys which generally makes me die.

You could turn off sticky keys if you want to. Alternatively, you could press the space button to open the pause menu and use the arrow keys to change the Shift/Ctrl controls to X/Z.

joechessum

This game is really enjoyable but it's let down by poor choice of controls and few odd behavior problems.

Preferable controls for flash games like this are normally the Z,X,C keys, maybe think about making these the controls:

Z = Run
X = Jump
C = Attack

This way you can guarantee that those keys are close together on most keyboards instead of players having to use un-initiative controls and having to stretch their hand.

Also double check your Run behavior I've pushed it a couple of times and the game then continuously runs until I attack.

You should try differentiating the colours between decorative artwork and terrain.

Other than that the RPG system is nice and climbing up walls is satisfying.

Hope that doesn't come off too negative I'm just trying to point out a few things I noticed and I don't how finished this is, I did really enjoy this.

Keep up the good work!
Currently working on my upcoming stencyl game SUPER Bear Hunter: Apocalypse. You can play what I've got so far here http://bit.ly/Kf743Q

Meteos

Thanks. I'm trying to learn how to make custom controls. There is a lot of grey in some of the levels though, I should try fixing that along with the behaviors. The game itself is finished, but I plan on updating it at least once in the near future.