Game Development Contest UK (Come Along)

NexusxAlpha

Hello everyone,

Me and Rexasul and a couple of other friends will be attending a Game-Jam in the UK (england). We'll be competing against other game developers to make the best game we can withing 24 hours (no sleep).

We of course will be using Stencyl, and we feel like we can make a big impression at this event. Of course, if you live in the UK and can travel easily to the event, you can start your own team and compete as well.

This will be a good chance to show what Stencyl can do in 24 hours. There are prizes to be won as well, many of which include things like the Adobe Creative Suite and £500 cash, and many more.

If you want more information on the event, head on over to the official site: http://www.gamehack.co.uk/index.html

If you're joining in, tell me or Rexasul and we'll make sure to come and say hi :)

Nexus

Also, follow @SamHollick cause, I'll be tweeting like mad

« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 04:52:50 am by NexusxAlpha »

Rexasul

Should be a lot of fun. I'll be monitoring the stencyl #chat, occasionally demanding quick-fire support ;)

I was thinking of writing a very brief dev log to share with you all after the event - and perhaps with some pictures to follow. (faces will be pixelated obvs)

*edit, I'll be updating from @shadowlabsnet - I'm mostly going to be doing the music and graphics so you'll get to see that contrast in perspective. I'm sure they'll start to get more illiterate and illiterater as the event goes on. :)

« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 05:05:10 am by Rexasul »
my website |>>| shadowlabs.net

Joe

Good luck, guys! Thanks for letting us know about it.

NexusxAlpha

Good luck, guys! Thanks for letting us know about it.

Cheers Joe :)

NexusxAlpha

Just an update

We're heading out tomorrow morning (very early) to go to the event! I'll make sure to get some cool stuff like pictures/video etc (and beer).