Virus!! [False positive, solved by making a new EXE]

Netgeneraal

Hello,

I have panda cloud antivirus.
And it says that stencyl.exe contains a virus and keeps deleting it.
So i can't run it anymore.

Please fix this.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 09:24:26 am by Jon »

rob1221

I don't think this is a Stencyl problem.  Figure out how to stop your antivirus from deleting it.

CaptMoose

I have been running Stencyl 1.4 and 2 (beta and now full) on boxes with Symantec (and Norton) AVs and have had no such problem.
Although I have had no experience with Panda, I am pretty sure that you should be able to set it up to ignore Stencyl, although I have no idea why it would give your AV reason to flag it.
Most AVs are overzealous when it comes to Keyhooks, etc. but I don't think Stencyl employs this method.
I would recommend downloading the latest version again (from here, not another site) and configuring your AV to ignore if it flags again.
Although there are other sites out there, BitDefender has a browser based scanner you can use for free if you suspect Panda has missed something.  Not all AVs are perfect and I recommend a "second opinion" if in doubt. :)
I have the right to be polite.      I_;;_I
But patronise, I do not.               {_}'

Netgeneraal

Ik heb hem uitgezonderd bedankt allemaal.
Edit: i forgot its must be in English it means thanks.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 05:18:38 am by Netgeneraal »

CaptMoose

You're welcome. :)
As always, let us know how it goes for you.

tamoose

I am running the latest Norton Internet Security and that also saw Stencyl 2.0 as a high risk file and recommended I didn't run it. I had to manually tell Norton to ignore and allow Stencyl to run.

Jon

We're using this software to wrap a .bat file (a script) in an EXE.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/File-Management/Batch-To-Exe-Converter.shtml

If there are other software packages that do this kind of thing let me know what else we can use.

You can always double-click sw.jar as a workaround to any inability to launch the software.

ntvgroup

Both Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes are okay with it...

CaptMoose

I'm not sure if it'll help any, but I'm a pretty big fan of AutoHotkey.
It is a simple but powerful free scripting language capable of some pretty clever stuff.
With its ability to internally call DLLs as well as running batches/executables, coupled with a compile to standalone exe it might be worth a look.
AHK_L is a fork by the original dev which has a lovely class framework which I recommend highly.
I personally use it for little utils & time savers all the time.

Their community is as wonderful as this one, with the devs getting involved as eagerly as here.

Netgeneraal

With the new exe it works fine.
thanks all.

CaptMoose

Jon

New launcher is now live in the latest installer on the site.