Tower Defense example game

Silux

In the forge i didn't see any tower defense game to learn from :(

What are?
Tower defense games are those where you use turrets to shoot at monsters that comes along a path(which be determined by the developer or by the player).The player is sometime allowed to use spells to help him to beat the level.

Why?
TD games are very similar to each other but they are the strategy games more appreciated by most players.In Kongregate 9 of the 30 top rated games are tower defense.

If someone can help me at doing an example game just reply! :)
Currently working at:
Starwarrior 2097(my main project)
How to make successful games in Kongregate and the world(article)

Epic428

I have a TD game that I downloaded off forge a while back, though I don't think it works very well at all, which may be why you can't find it as I suspect it had been taken down. If you like, I can look at it to make sure I didn't fiddle around with it, or I can just post it up on forge and guarantee nothing. At least however, it would be start for you in deciding how you would want to handle this type of game.

When I make my Pathfinding pack easier to use, I believe it would be something very awesome to use with this type of game. So keep an eye on that as well.
James Moore - Official Support & Documentation.
We cannot and will not respond to PM's asking questions. Please make a new thread in the forums if you have any questions, Thank you.
For better support and faster response times, please post your logs regarding any Stencyl related issues. Debug > Logs > Generate Logs

Silux

Pathfinding is necessary when the player chooses the path of the critters!
I found your behaviour in the forge but not the game;any hint about the name?
Currently working at:

Epic428

The example game you can find here on the website. It would be under my profile. If you'll give me a minute, I will check, bc the game should also be uploaded to forge. It should be under Pathfinding, or Epics Pathfinding, or something related to that.

http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/2127

Edit: Tower defense game is uploaded to forge. Called Tower Defense.
We cannot and will not respond to PM's asking questions. Please make a new thread in the forums if you have any questions, Thank you.
For better support and faster response times, please post your logs regarding any Stencyl related issues. Debug > Logs > Generate Logs

Silux

not found :(

Your pathfinding is awesome!
Currently working at:

Epic428

Thanks! I have more work to do on the pathfinding to make it more user friendly.  Also, I apologize I thought I made the tower defense game public, but apparently I did not.

Silux

user friendly: http://www.outpost9.com/reference/jargon/jargon_36.html#TAG1884
Found the game!
I'm going to make better-looking placeholder and i have ready an intro screen.
I'll start a new thread when i understand how to make a decent turret and make the player buying and selling the turrets!
Currently working at:

Silux

The behaviour 'Aim at actor' is wonderfully complex!
I can get anything working and I'm making some behaviours from scratch.
Pathfinding is fine but the tower needs to get the enemy nearest to the exit point.
I made the graphics for the intro screen.
Currently working at:

Silux

I got base mechanics and i'm trying to get them working.
I designed some different gameplays and enemies.
Currently working at:

chaosoul

I have recently in the last week or so started a game I intend to make into a kit. So far all I have is the aiming at enemies and shooting done though the aiming at enemies is very user friendly. Haven't done anything with path finding.
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS

Silux

I'd be so happy to try it.
I'm quite busy right now, but i can provide graphics,a good story,buttons and some humor:D
Currently working at:

chaosoul

I'd be so happy to try it.
I'm quite busy right now, but i can provide graphics,a good story,buttons and some humor:D
Will you be available at around 8ish? I don't think I need a story considering it's going to be a kit be I love some good graphics considering I'm only good at editing sprites. I'll post it up tonight if you're available. I having a really tough time with pathfinding. Epic's code behavior is too complicated for me Xd!
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS

Silux

Most of TD games have an intro(especially the ones which have funny settings).
Pathfinding would be a secondary need.
I'm still wondering how to make a "shop" working.

edit:I live in Italy so when in Stencyl is 8pm, I sleep because in Italy is 5am

« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 07:55:57 am by Silux »
Currently working at:

chaosoul

Umm intro vs pathfinding.. pathfinding is way more important. Without it how you going to make monsters move?

Silux

Using an array of x an y.

example
start at 10;0
move to 10;20
move to 30;20
move to 30;10
finish in 40;10

The program will track a map like above
The monster will follow the 1s
Currently working at: