Free Time:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 13h
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday: 7h
Loving Linux...

Joe

Dude, chill out! 8)

CrimsonThunder

Hi impatient followers ;-)

I've finished the code and notes for part 9, but I'm having some troubles with the final write-up. So rest assured, it will come.

- publysher
Awesome. :D
Dude, chill out! 8)
Haha

publysher

I've just published part 9 – Staying Alive. Learn how to track the number of lives remaining and show a cool message when the player loses.

Happy Stencyling,
- publisher

CrimsonThunder

I've just published part 9 – Staying Alive. Learn how to track the number of lives remaining and show a cool message when the player loses.

Happy Stencyling,
- publisher
wooo! awsome. :D

CrimsonThunder

In the "You Lost" part of the tutorial just gotta make a "Message" hidden Actor attribute. :)

Great tutorial and didn't have any problems besides enemies continuing to come out after the game over message appears. These are enemies that are not on screen.. So the list keeps going after the game over screen happens.

Did I do something wrong?

Edit: And also bullets keep getting shot. (well at least from my 'machine gun' towers) this is the same from when they pass the finish line.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 01:54:11 am by CrimsonThunder »

publysher

Apart from finding bugs in my code, you did nothing wrong ;-)

The Player Finished behavior should also disable the Spawn Enemies and Shoot Bullet behaviors – I will update the tutorial this evening. For now, fixing the bug is left as an exercise :D

CrimsonThunder

Apart from finding bugs in my code, you did nothing wrong ;-)

The Player Finished behavior should also disable the Spawn Enemies and Shoot Bullet behaviors – I will update the tutorial this evening. For now, fixing the bug is left as an exercise :D
Sounds as simple as using the "Disable" block? Am I right? :)

Aw I just tried and it didn't work. :(

« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 02:29:31 am by CrimsonThunder »

publysher

Hi all,

I've fixed the bug noticed by CrimsonThunder and updated part 9 accordingly: the behavior "Player Dies" has been updated to disable more features.

- publysher

Xietao

Free Time:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 13h
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday: 7h
Loving Linux...

CrimsonThunder

Hi all,

I've fixed the bug noticed by CrimsonThunder and updated part 9 accordingly: the behavior "Player Dies" has been updated to disable more features.

- publysher
Now I see how to do it. :) Sweet.

CrimsonThunder

Just a question are you gonna code it so the enemies find their own path? Like in those wide open TD levels where you can build towers so it has to go through a path that you create, to slow it down? Just curious. :)

« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 03:43:38 am by CrimsonThunder »

CrimsonThunder

Sorry for the triple post but, am I the only one that every now and then when I push the create tower button instead of the fan coming out one of the fan buttons replace the create tower button? And at other times the fan just spawns in a really weird shape?

Also my machine gun towers (the red ones) keep shooting even after doing the fix... I uploaded it to the Forge (Tower Defense Game) if you would like to have a look. :)

publysher

Just a question are you gonna code it so the enemies find their own path? Like in those wide open TD levels where you can build towers so it has to go through a path that you create, to slow it down? Just curious. :)

I consider Pathfinding a pretty advanced topic for a tutorial, so I doubt I will do that.

But then again, I'm making this all up as I go along, so who knows :D

- publysher

CrimsonThunder

I consider Pathfinding a pretty advanced topic for a tutorial, so I doubt I will do that.

But then again, I'm making this all up as I go along, so who knows :D

- publysher

Yeah it is a very advanced thing. I did notice someone had a pathfinding thing on StencylForge but I think it stopped working in 2.0. Btw I edited my post above yours.