Maxwell's Demon for iPhone

nev

"Maxwell's Demon for iPhone", my first Stencyl app and first iOS app, is now live on the App Store!!! :)

http://itunes.apple.com/app/maxwells-demon-for-iphone/id517539441?mt=8

"Maxwell's Demon" is a simple game based on a thought experiment invented by the father of modern physics, James Clerk Maxwell.
The gamefield is a "box" were two different kind of molecules are moving: slow molecules (blue) and fast molecules (red). The player controls a barrier in the middle of the box.
The goal is quite simple: separate the blue molecules from the red molecules.
At the beginning, with just a couple of molecules, it is very easy, but the difficulty exponentially increases with the increasing number of molecules.
There is also an additional game mode, where the player have to bring all the molecules to the same side.

Here are some promo codes (please write back the one you used, thanks!):

YWPM7HY6W4EX
H7FTPW7YW4MF
WAXFP9LPRHN4
NXA66L47WFRN
PY64RWLPR394
9JAW9PYAT4XA

Have fun! :)

Nev

P.S.: The app has been originally developed for iPad, but, because of issues due to the requirements for the new iPad, the release has been delayed. With a bit of luck, the iPad version will be released within a couple of weeks. Stay tuned. ;)

Joe

Looks and runs great on my iPhone 4. Nice job! :)

Innes

Hi,

I've just downloaded it onto my iPhone 4, and had a quick play; it's good fun!

It's a really simple game which has that 'one more go' factor!

It took me a while to figure out that I could 'fire the wall' to gain some control over the molecules, rather than just using it to separate them; I wonder if it might be worth pointing out that tactic in the game so players don't give up too soon.

It would be interesting to see the player stats; I imagine that gameplay time would be quite high compared to many other games.

Thanks for the redemption code (I used PY64...).
Visit www.TheStencylBook.com - the only published book for learning Stencyl.

gplar

Bought it, played it, liked it.  :)
All thumbs up.
And for all those who buy it, give it stars and good comments on AppStore. Really helps getting noticed. :)

rlc2405

Nice!

----sorry my english----

I will buy the game!

(I am at work at the moment, so... I will download in a few hours...!
and then I will be able to play and make comment on appstore !

So, If you see a costumer from brazil its me :)
if the game it's not on brazil store i will buy from US;

Anyway: for the screens it looks really beautiful!

I hope you the best with the game!

--

a question:

the apple page says -> Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.Requires iOS 4.0 or later.

but you say it's only on iphone;

maybe will work on ipad or it's normal for apple put that in the Requirements?

« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 04:29:07 am by rlc2405 »

nev

Thanks all for the comments!! :)

@ Innes:
Thanks for the extended comment and for the suggestions! In fact, I did a page on my site, still under construction (http://www.nebulapps.net), where to show tips like that! One is for example, that you better start managing only the slow molecules and THEN, when they are separated, take care of the fast ones. Another tip would be to use the "push=off" setting for the wall when the molecules begin to be a lot. Actually, for my taste, the "push=off" setting works the best from the beginning...
You are right that these suggestions should be implemented in the game: I'll most probably do that on the next releases.

@Gplar:
Bought it, played it, liked it.  :)
All thumbs up.
And for all those who buy it, give it stars and good comments on AppStore. Really helps getting noticed. :)

Thanks!! I really appreciate that!

Yes, guys, follow his suggestion! ;)

@rlc2405:
Many thanks!! :)
The game graphics is optimized for iPhone/iPod, but it works on iPad as well.

rlc2405

Bought it in my lunch hour :)

man, this is not a easy game! could be very hard sometimes!!!

nev

Yes it could be! But once you learn the right technique, then it is very possible to scale up the levels steadily. When testing the playability, I was once able to reach the level with 80 molecules... But then I had to stop - it took quite a lot of time :) - because I had to continue with the development of the game itself.  ;)

In any case, I would suggest to begin with the "density mode" (uhm, maybe I should have set this as default...), which is somehow easier. And apply the "trick" of managing first the blue molecules, and then the red ones.  ;)

rlc2405

Yes it could be! But once you learn the right technique, then it is very possible to scale up the levels steadily. When testing the playability, I was once able to reach the level with 80 molecules... But then I had to stop - it took quite a lot of time :) - because I had to continue with the development of the game itself.  ;)

In any case, I would suggest to begin with the "density mode" (uhm, maybe I should have set this as default...), which is somehow easier. And apply the "trick" of managing first the blue molecules, and then the red ones.  ;)

wow, I'm not complaing about the difficult. I like!
in fact, I really like this game!
simple and fun. Could be a mini-game in a Mario Party game :)
good work!

ps: btw, take a look in my little puzzle wam, there's a topic!

Dom818

Very interesting and challenging game. It is very simple to play and is fun to play; even on the iPad.

I used this promo code: H7FTPW7YW4MF

nev

Thanks Dom818 for giving it a try!  :)

even on the iPad.

Then you should try the "real" iPad version as well! ;) ... Once it will be approved. :)

Nev