Suggestion Issue: transperancy layers in map editor

Pages: 1

Gemini

• Level 2 Stencyler
June 25, 2020, 12:32:02 pm
when tile layers have their transparency and blend mode changed via layer settings, the transparency and blend doesn't show up in the scene designer . you have to test the scene to see the change in transparency and blend. this takes up a lot of time and requires some guess work

Justin

• Master Stencyler
June 25, 2020, 06:34:16 pm
You need to press a toggle button to enable that aspect of the scene designer. Search for "toggle opacity" in Stencylpedia's Scene Designer article.
  • Status changed from New to Closed

Gemini

• Level 2 Stencyler
June 25, 2020, 07:59:26 pm
yes, the opacity can be toggled via the cog icon to the right of the layer bar, but the opacity change is only able to be seen when testing the scene, and not while building the map.

Unless I mistook you. i didn't find anything in the stencylpedia article about how to toggle this feature. just that the opacity and blend mode could be adjusted.  adjusting my blend and opacity is not visible until testing the scene or game

Justin

• Master Stencyler
June 25, 2020, 08:34:52 pm
There's a button on the far right side of the top toolbar in the scene designer. That button must be toggled on.

An image of the button and a description of its functionality are in the Scene Designer article, under "Reference > Toolbar (Part 2 of 6) > The Rest", and the description includes the exact phrase "toggle opacity". I meant that you should search the article (using your browser's search tool) to find that text, in order to highlight that section of the article.

Please let me know if you try it and it all works out for you.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 08:35:12 pm by Justin »

Pages: 1

Details

• Reported
    June 25, 2020, 12:32:02 pm
  • Updated
    June 25, 2020, 08:34:52 pm

• View Status
    Public
  • Type
    Suggestion
  • Status