Bug Issue: Transition and background colour bug in iOS

Pages: 1

suitcasenuke

• Subscriber - Stencyl Studio
March 20, 2018, 01:40:01 pm
I've been updating old games for iPhone X support, and the latest build 9805 causes some scene transition and background colour issues. I've attached a gif that illustrates them. I'm just using a solid teal colour chosen in the scene properties, and that black block seems to 'react' to things when actors are leaving the screen.

The fade transitions also no longer work and are almost immediate.

UPDATE: My mistake, the attachment was too large.
https://gifyu.com/image/s9wj
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 01:53:13 pm by suitcasenuke »

Justin

• Master Stencyler
March 21, 2018, 09:55:50 pm
Is it supposed to display black over the whole screen? How are you drawing the black over the background?

suitcasenuke

March 22, 2018, 01:19:19 am
That black is a random unintentional effect, that along with the transitions, started happening all the sudden. I went back to build 9798 and everything is back to normal and I submitted the update to Apple.

It's supposed to look like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R2yzQ3-x_4

I actually have to correct myself. I have a colour picker on the title screen, and colour the background upon scene creation using the 'Set background to solid colour' block, rather than through Scene Properties.

I don't know if the black box issue happens in other games (I generally use background images on a layer), but the quick, non-smooth fade transition happens in a few different games.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 01:28:50 am by suitcasenuke »

Justin

• Master Stencyler
March 23, 2018, 11:25:51 pm
I fixed the instant fade transition issue in b9822.

For the background color one, it would be great if you could either send me your game, or list whatever display settings and code I need in order to reliably reproduce it.
  • Status changed from New to Need Info

suitcasenuke

March 24, 2018, 02:09:02 am
I'll try out the latest build and report back. If that weird background issue is still there, I'll send you the game. Thanks!

suitcasenuke

March 24, 2018, 06:26:26 am
Sent the game along. I just tried another game, and it's the same problem when there isn't a tiled background layer used in the scene and you fill the scene with a colour. In that case it was chosen in scene properties. Strange.

Justin

• Master Stencyler
March 28, 2018, 03:26:00 pm
Fixed in b9831.
  • Status changed from Need Info to Resolved
  • Issue Assigned from (none) to Justin

Unept

June 11, 2018, 09:14:31 am
FYI, I see this same intrusive black background issue when I use slide scene transitions. Specifically, a black bar shows up on the right side of the screen after a slide up/down transition. Also sometimes some text x positions get pushed to the left in conjunction with the black bar showing up.

The crossfade scene transition fixes the bug for both the black bar and the text misalignment.

Pages: 1

Details

• Reported
    March 20, 2018, 01:40:01 pm
  • Updated
    June 11, 2018, 09:14:31 am

• View Status
    Public
  • Type
    Bug
  • Status
    Resolved