Bug Issue: OGG music doesn't loop properly on Android phone

Pages: 1

Doctor911

• Junior Stencyler
May 31, 2017, 03:55:43 pm
Greetings, I made my own background music for my game and removed the silence at the end in audacity for seamless looping when I test the game on the flash player, so it sounds nice when it loops. But as for the ogg version, when I test it on my phone, the music loops too soon and sounds messy. I've tried deleting the music file from my game and re-importing it to only the ogg file and tested it, but the same thing happens.

I opened up the ogg file in audacity and looped it there and it loops seamlessly, just not in game. Anyone have the same issue or know how to fix it? Thanks.

EDIT: I made sure there is no metadata and everything that is required for importing properly
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 03:57:49 pm by Doctor911 »

rob1221

• Master Stencyler
May 31, 2017, 04:58:56 pm
The OpenFL update that is a part of Stencyl 3.5 fixed some sound issues.  Maybe this issue is fixed as well, but I wouldn't suggest testing that right now since there are issues with Android testing.

Justin

• Master Stencyler
February 04, 2018, 01:29:43 am
We should look into this, but it may be something we want to leave up to Lime if it doesn't work as desired.
  • Tags added: 3.5 LP

Justin

• Master Stencyler
June 12, 2018, 09:43:39 am
I think OpenFL change the way sound position is calculated, so this may already be better.

If not, there's some ongoing discussion about changing the audio library they use, so it may be a good idea to wait and see about that. Either way, having an example game, or at least the specific audio track in question, would help.
  • Tags removed: 3.5 LP
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 09:44:21 am by Justin »

Pages: 1

Details

• Reported
    May 31, 2017, 03:55:43 pm
  • Updated
    June 12, 2018, 09:43:39 am

• View Status
    Public
  • Type
    Bug