Bug Issue: OGG music doesn't loop properly on Android phone


Pages: 1

Doctor911

  • Junior Stencyler
May 31, 2017, 03:55:43 pm
Greetings, I made my own background music for my game and removed the silence at the end in audacity for seamless looping when I test the game on the flash player, so it sounds nice when it loops. But as for the ogg version, when I test it on my phone, the music loops too soon and sounds messy. I've tried deleting the music file from my game and re-importing it to only the ogg file and tested it, but the same thing happens.

I opened up the ogg file in audacity and looped it there and it loops seamlessly, just not in game. Anyone have the same issue or know how to fix it? Thanks.

EDIT: I made sure there is no metadata and everything that is required for importing properly
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 03:57:49 pm by Doctor911 »


rob1221

  • Master Stencyler
  • *
May 31, 2017, 04:58:56 pm
The OpenFL update that is a part of Stencyl 3.5 fixed some sound issues.  Maybe this issue is fixed as well, but I wouldn't suggest testing that right now since there are issues with Android testing.


Justin

  • Master Stencyler
  • *
February 04, 2018, 01:29:43 am
We should look into this, but it may be something we want to leave up to Lime if it doesn't work as desired.
  • Tags added: 3.5 LP


Justin

  • Master Stencyler
  • *
June 12, 2018, 09:43:39 am
I think OpenFL change the way sound position is calculated, so this may already be better.

If not, there's some ongoing discussion about changing the audio library they use, so it may be a good idea to wait and see about that. Either way, having an example game, or at least the specific audio track in question, would help.
  • Tags removed: 3.5 LP
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 09:44:21 am by Justin »


Issue updated by Justin - June 29, 2018, 10:09:52 am
  • Tags added: openal


GuyCockcroft

  • Subscriber - Stencyl Studio
  • *
July 04, 2018, 08:52:14 am
Sounds set to “Music” (i.e. streamed) don’t loop properly and this issue has appeared since I updated to stencyl 3.5. 3.4 was fine. If the sound is switched to an in-memory (sound) type, then the issue goes away. So, it’s not the ogg decoder, but rather some issue with streaming buffers etc.


AlexVsCoding

  • Subscriber - Stencyl Studio
  • *
September 05, 2018, 01:13:54 pm
Has there been an update on this issue? Setting the music in my game to sound files leads to a HUGE lag spike upon switching tracks that stops the game dead for a solid second. This is on desktop to clarify.


FMStudioGameDev

  • Subscriber - Stencyl Studio
  • *
September 06, 2018, 01:51:56 am
I guess this can be the same bug that cause the issue I reported here:

http://community.stencyl.com/index.php?issue=1329.0

I thought that the "Stop all sound" block was the guilty guy, but  probably you are right and it's related to memory (getting a "bad_alloc" error)


Justin

  • Master Stencyler
  • *
September 28, 2018, 08:33:42 am
The initial post is a little old, and now that I'm reviewing it, doesn't provide some important materials. I'm going to close this, but if the OP is still around and wants to provide some sample materials: the file they're using, sample game, a recording of the problem occurring, that would help.
  • Status changed from New to Closed
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 08:35:03 am by Justin »


Pages: 1

Details

  • Reported
    May 31, 2017, 03:55:43 pm
  • Updated
    September 28, 2018, 08:33:42 am

  • View Status
    Public
  • Type
    Bug
  • Status
    Closed
  • Priority
    Normal
  • Version
    Stencyl 3.4
  • Fixed in
    (none)
  • Assigned to
    (none)
  • Category
    Compiling/Testing Games

Tags