Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Suggestion Issue: Having the real name of the asset somewhere in the actor/sound/etc properties

Pages: 1

yoplalala

• Subscriber - Stencyl Studio
October 23, 2015, 09:25:17 am
This would be super useful whenever there is a problem with the file.

For example , I tried to export a sound file, but only the mp3 part got exported.
So I'm looking for the ogg of the sound , but I have dozens of sound files my repertory ... and I have to listen to them all.

Okay, I see there is data.xml . But still ...

Justin

• Master Stencyler
October 23, 2015, 03:34:40 pm
What exactly is the suggestion? A sound is just a sound, it doesn't really have any properties except metadata. Do you mean the filename?

rrzl

• Level 3 Stencyler
October 24, 2015, 04:51:01 am
I think he meant the filename.
Sounds like a great suggestions to me, to have it use the original name of the file,
instead of it auto renaming them to a generic "sprite-x-x.png" /"sound-xxx.ogg" .
In a huge project with thousands of assets, when you have a corrupted asset, or need to replace some of them with a new one, tracking the right one is very time consuming and nearly impossible. A few second task (copy & replace), can becomes a whole day task (searching, copy, renaming).

yoplalala

• Subscriber - Stencyl Studio
October 24, 2015, 01:30:04 pm
Yes , it's the filename. Like rrzl says, it quite be bothersome to track down the files when needed. It's not a problem with scenes/actors  because you see the filename by clicking on preview but it is for sounds/animations.

Pages: 1

Details

• Reported
    October 23, 2015, 09:25:17 am
  • Updated
    October 24, 2015, 01:30:04 pm

• View Status
    Public
  • Type
    Suggestion
  • Status
    New