Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Bug Issue: In-Editor Graphical Issue

Pages: 1

Krimm

• Level 1 Stencyler
August 05, 2016, 02:31:08 pm
I've been having a strange issue with Stencyl recently, where after using the engine for a little while, the editor screen starts to randomly start moving the entire "screen" to where the mouse is, like it's relocating the top left of the window to the location of the mouse. I've attached a screenshot of what it looks like. It's a full screenshot, so it's probably easier to see in a separate tab.

http://i.imgur.com/aiQnDvZ.png

I'm using the most recent version of Stencyl, Beta 3.4 version 4, and I had this issue with the older version I was using as well (3.3). Has this issue been encountered by anyone else?

Edit 1: I've tried updating my graphics drivers, cleaning the project, and uninstalling and re-installing Stencyl completely from scratch, but I'm still getting the issue. It's making it completely impossible to use the engine right now. I'm still on Windows 7 if that matters.

Edit 2: After uninstalling and reverting back to 3.3, I'm not having the issue as often. In 3.4, it happens as soon as I look at any code blocks at all, but in 3.3 it takes a while for the glitch to start appearing.

Edit 3: I just noticed now, and I don't know if this is intended or not, but the Stencyl.exe file still says it's version 2.0.0.0, and it hasn't been modified since 3/21/2015. Is that supposed to be the case?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 09:04:26 am by Krimm »

captaincomic

• Master Stencyler
August 07, 2016, 03:27:27 pm
Hm, no idea about the issue. I can only answer this question
Edit 3: I just noticed now, and I don't know if this is intended or not, but the Stencyl.exe file still says it's version 2.0.0.0, and it hasn't been modified since 3/21/2015. Is that supposed to be the case?
Yes, that's okay. The exe is just a wrapper to call Java with the jar file, and the wrapper doesn't need to be updated for new builds.

Krimm

• Level 1 Stencyler
August 07, 2016, 05:19:17 pm
As far as I can tell, no one else seems to be having this issue, because I can't find anything on it anywhere online, which leads me to believe that it might be something with my actual computer instead. Is there anything I can do to check that my system is running as it should, or if anything is working against me with Stencyl?

captaincomic

• Master Stencyler
August 08, 2016, 02:14:17 pm
Hm, Windows 7 should be fine. Do you have the latest Java 8 installed?

Krimm

• Level 1 Stencyler
August 08, 2016, 02:47:40 pm
I will update my Java and see if it solves the issue

Krimm

• Level 1 Stencyler
August 08, 2016, 06:17:29 pm
Unfortunately, the issue is still happening. Is it possibly based on RAM usage or something?

Krimm

• Level 1 Stencyler
August 13, 2016, 06:03:40 pm
Is there anything else I can do to try and narrow down what might be causing the issue? This is really frustrating to not be able to find the solution :/

NCappaZoo

• Junior Stencyler
August 17, 2016, 07:52:24 am
I am also having this issue and I have seen at least one other post about it as well so not just you Krimm. I'm running the latest 3.4.0 (Beta 4) build on Windows 10 with java memory boosted to 4GB as stated here:  http://www.stencyl.com/help/view/ninety-percent-warning/.  Java 8 Update 101 with both 32-bit and 64-bit versions are installed too.  I will post any logs needed if someone has an idea on what the issue could be; meanwhile I'll keep an eye out and report back when I can.

Krimm

• Level 1 Stencyler
August 17, 2016, 07:17:10 pm
I actually just updated my graphics driver using the  windows Device Manager, and it seems to have fixed the bug as far as I can tell. They released another update for my card since I started having this issue, so maybe it was a faulty patch from AMD. I reverted back to an older version of Stencyl for now, but I'll upgrade back to the newest version once I finish my current Game Jam project to see if it still holds.

I have an AMD Radeon HD7770 graphics card. Do you have the same card NCappaZoo?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 07:17:24 pm by Krimm »

Mavryk

• Junior Stencyler
August 23, 2016, 03:54:46 am
Just started using Stencyl for my course and I have run into this graphical issue also. I have to close out of the program and reopen it to fix it temporarily.

Windows 10 Home
GTX 780M
Latest drivers.

Justin

• Master Stencyler
August 27, 2016, 02:42:52 pm
Similar issues have been observed when Stencyl is opened without some required java flags, specifically:
Code: [Select]
-XX:CompileCommand=exclude,javax/swing/text/GlyphView,getBreakSpot
Have you tried running Stencyl with the included .bat (which should include the above flag) instead of the .exe?

Mavryk

• Junior Stencyler
August 28, 2016, 03:53:49 am
Have you tried running Stencyl with the included .bat (which should include the above flag) instead of the .exe?

Hey Justin,

I gave it a go with the Stencyl.bat and no, it made no difference.

TylerMacLeod

• Junior Stencyler
September 07, 2016, 11:19:11 am
I have been having this issue as well. I have updated my Graphics Drivers, My Java, Reinstalled Stencyl and it still happens. Any fixes?

9PacStudios

• Junior Stencyler
June 03, 2017, 01:12:02 pm
I'm actually having this issue too.

krhewitt2

• Junior Stencyler
August 07, 2017, 06:35:32 pm
I'm having this same issue. Has anyone found a solution to this yet?

Windows 7
AMD FirePro M5100 FireGL V
Java 8 is installed
Stencyl 3.4.0

I have tried updating everything, but I can't seem to solve this.

LIBERADO

• Expert Stencyler
August 08, 2017, 06:02:55 am
If your video card is AMD, uninstall a program called "AMD Gaming evolved".
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 06:06:17 am by LIBERADO »

krhewitt2

• Junior Stencyler
August 08, 2017, 06:05:01 am
I have seen that suggestion on other forums. I've checked my programs, and I don't have AMD Gaming Evolved installed.

dimzkvlt

• Junior Stencyler
August 14, 2017, 07:11:15 pm
I am getting the same issue with an Nvidia 980TI, 32g ddr4 ram, and i7 skylake. The program is pretty much unusable do to the bug. Looks like its been going on for a year now for people. Anyone find out a fix, or are we dead in the water?

Pages: 1

Details

• Reported
    August 05, 2016, 02:31:08 pm
  • Updated
    August 14, 2017, 07:11:15 pm

• View Status
    Public
  • Type
    Bug
  • Status
    New