Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Bug Issue: Easing Function 'Back In/Out' Playing Up.

Pages: 1

Annulus Industries

• Level 2 Stencyler
June 25, 2017, 07:23:06 pm
First of all, I hope I have this in the right category, and I apologise if it isn't.

I'm using Stencyl 3.4.0 (b9300) for Windows and I think I've found a bug with the Back In/Out easing function for tweening actors and attributes. Instead of easing with the back in/out function, the item being eased gain absolutely massive negative acceleration until the time has elapsed, before it sets straight to the final value.

For example, if I had an actor at (100, 0), and I tweened it to (0, 0) or by (-100, 0) using back in/out, it would go flying towards positive X (to the right) and completely disappear off screen, before seeming to teleport to (0, 0).
This is so far happening with opacity, spin, scale, position, and attribute value.

I don't think there is anything I could have done to cause this. Back In/Out worked fine in previous versions of Stencyl and all of the other easing functions seem fine. Do you think this could be looked into?

Thank you,
Annulus

LIBERADO

• Expert Stencyler
June 25, 2017, 10:54:18 pm
I also have this problem even in the latest private Build 9474
This bug has broken many of my games which use the Back In/Out easing function.

rob1221

• Master Stencyler
June 27, 2017, 07:30:30 am
https://github.com/openfl/actuate/issues/65

There is a fix in the comments which does seem to work.  Stencyl doesn't have a separate version of Actuate, so until the fix is made to OpenFL's version, it won't be made in Stencyl and you'll have to edit the code on your end.
  • Status changed from New to Confirmed
  • Tags added: openfl

Pages: 1

Details

• Reported
    June 25, 2017, 07:23:06 pm
  • Updated
    June 27, 2017, 07:30:30 am

• View Status
    Public
  • Type
    Bug