Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Bug Issue: Recycled Actors Missing Collision Boxes In Public Build 9328

Pages: 1

BMJ

• Subscriber - Stencyl Indie
July 17, 2017, 10:04:23 am
I have a behavior that spawns actors on a timer. As soon as I start killing these spawned actors, the new ones are often spawned without collision boxes. This is proven using the debug draw and backed up by the actor IDs drawn from a list of spawned actors. When Stencyl starts reusing actor IDs, they are often missing collision boxes and go through the floor. This seems to happen regardless of whether auto-scale collision boxes is true or false. These actors have been used throughout the game for months with  no collision box problems -- only when they are spawned at runtime after some have been killed.

Build 9328.

EDIT: Strange but possibly important clue ...  if my player actor is standing on the right of the spawning actors, they spawn correctly with collision boxes. If my player actor is standing on the left of the spawning actors, they will spawn without collision boxes. (Camera position does not seem to be the difference. It seems to be my player actor's current position.)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 10:32:25 pm by BMJ »

BMJ

• Subscriber - Stencyl Indie
July 18, 2017, 10:25:22 pm
I've found the cause -- the actor type's collision box was being removed (with blocks) before it was killed, so the actors being spawned after that were retaining the same "removed collision shape" state ... when the player is on the left.  I've got a workaround I can use, but it's still a bug.

LIBERADO

• Expert Stencyler
July 19, 2017, 12:28:15 am

Issue updated by rob1221 - July 19, 2017, 05:08:53 am
  • Status changed from New to Duplicate

Pages: 1

Details

• Reported
    July 17, 2017, 10:04:23 am
  • Updated
    July 19, 2017, 05:08:53 am

• View Status