Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Suggestion Issue: Get actor properties in design mode

Pages: 1

KramerGames

• Subscriber - Stencyl Studio
March 30, 2017, 02:21:28 pm
Sometimes it would be very useful to see an actors height and width in the design mode. For example if I put a block "create actor at x and y at front", choose an actor and then via right click get height and width (of the standard animation). When placing actors I almost always have to check for their size to know where to place them.
At least it would be nice to see the height and width in the actors tab.

LIBERADO

• Expert Stencyler
March 30, 2017, 03:09:28 pm
+1

Justin

• Master Stencyler
March 30, 2017, 03:20:44 pm
I think just getting the width/height of an actor type's default animation might be a little too specific.

Perhaps these two additions would suffice?

1. Be able to open a resource quickly if it's the selected option in a design mode block (if you want to open it but don't want to use ctrl+o?)
2. A block to get the width/height of any animation of any actor type (including an option for the "default" animation, whatever that happens to be).
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 03:21:28 pm by Justin »

LIBERADO

• Expert Stencyler
March 30, 2017, 04:40:59 pm
@Justin, interesting ideas, I would like to see them implemented because both additions would be really useful. But according to what KramerGames means, we could immediately see the width/height of any actor type's animation by showing such information in the bottom bar of the Collision tab, in this way:

This issue has been commented here: http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,51128.0.html
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 04:50:24 pm by LIBERADO »

Justin

• Master Stencyler
March 30, 2017, 05:54:25 pm
Oh, I didn't even notice the last sentence in the original post. Yeah, that's a third suggestion then.

KramerGames

• Subscriber - Stencyl Studio
March 31, 2017, 12:57:08 am
Whatever is the fastest way to see the width and height :-). I think it would be nice if it is already visible in the appearance tab.

Pages: 1

Details

• Reported
    March 30, 2017, 02:21:28 pm
  • Updated
    March 31, 2017, 12:57:08 am

• View Status
    Public
  • Type
    Suggestion
  • Status
    New