Bug Issue: Text will not draw from an actor behavior

Pages: 1

BMJ

• Level 3 Stencyler
October 16, 2016, 09:31:29 am
I am unable to get a HUD actor behavior to draw text to the screen - it never appears no matter which combination of blocks I use. I have attached a PNG that shows a very simple, should-be-failproof attempt to draw text to the screen from within an actor behavior and it doesn't work. (It should be noted that it has been tested with the screen scrolled all the way to the upper left corner of the scene. Also,  the upper left corner of my actor is blank, so the text is definitely not being covered up by the actor's image.)  Furthermore, if I outsource this drawing to a scene behavior and use screen space coordinates, the text will appear, but if there is an actor on the HUD layer, the actor will be drawn over any text drawn from the scene behavior. I think there are two bugs:

1) Drawing text from an actor behavior doesn't work (for HUD actors).
2) Text drawn from a scene behavior is drawn behind actors on the HUD layer. (unless this is by design ... ?)

Using build 9179.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 10:44:13 am by BMJ »

New attachment added by BMJ - October 16, 2016, 09:31:58 am

rob1221

• Master Stencyler
March 31, 2017, 10:50:08 am
Using the same blocks I can't reproduce the problem.  The text is drawn, although it appears below the anchored actor as reported in issue #430.
  • Status changed from New to Need Info

Issue updated by Justin - June 18, 2018, 05:53:55 pm
  • Status changed from Need Info to Closed

Pages: 1

Details

• Reported
    October 16, 2016, 09:31:29 am
  • Updated
    June 18, 2018, 05:53:55 pm

• View Status
    Public
  • Type
    Bug
  • Status
    Closed
  • Priority
    Normal
  • Version
    Stencyl 3.4
  • Fixed in
    (none)
  • Assigned to
    (none)
  • Category
    Design Mode Blocks

Tags

Attachments

* Text Doesn't Draw From Actor Behavior.png (12.66 kB, 539x199 - viewed 149 times.)