Bug Issue: Screen Tearing Bug

Pages: 1

TheDrunkTank

• Junior Stencyler
November 03, 2016, 10:23:31 am
When I open Stencyl it will be okay for about the first 15 seconds, and then whenever I hover my mouse over something I can interact with it will do something like this:

This did not happen at all until after I finished the first crash course project, and began happening a lot about halfway through the second one to where the program is now unusable.  There was a thread dealing with this issue back in July but it was moved before it ever got answered and I was unable to find it. 

Issue updated by TheDrunkTank - November 04, 2016, 09:55:56 am
  • Category changed from Dashboard to UI / Workflow

Zephyra

• Junior Stencyler
November 14, 2016, 08:56:50 am
Same problem. Free version. Drivers updated.
Help. Please.

New attachment added by Zephyra - November 14, 2016, 08:58:20 am

Blindjoker1

• Junior Stencyler
November 21, 2016, 12:36:49 pm
Same problem. Free version. Drivers updated.
Help. Please.

I know this probably doesn't help very much, but I was having the exact same issue for like a week. Everything was up to date, I uninstalled and reinstalled Stencyl, the works! Nothing was fixing the issue and my progress was at a total stand-still.. then suddenly.. no problem at all.. all fixed.. I have NO CLUE what resolved the issue, but when it was fixed I had been messing around with using Stencyl in windowed mode  vs fullscreen and going back and forth between the two. I'm not sure what happened but it fixed the issue for me. (I work in windowed mode now and haven't had the problem since)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 12:38:52 pm by Blindjoker1 »

rob1221

• Master Stencyler
March 31, 2017, 09:58:36 am
Is this still happening for you in Stencyl 3.4?  What OS and graphics card are you using?  If the graphics card is AMD, check if you have "Gaming Evolved" installed and then disable it.
  • Status changed from New to Need Info

Patrick227

• Junior Stencyler
June 12, 2017, 07:21:25 pm
I'm having a similar problem. about 1-5 minutes into using the program, I will get severe screen tearing that only stops when I completely close and restart Stencyl. So far, I've tried dedicating 3, 4, and 8 GB of memory to Stencyl (I have 16 GB of ram). I have also updated Java to the latest version, and updated my AMD video drivers (Gaming Evolved is not installed).

Certain options seem to cause this to happen sooner than others. Particularly, adjusting grid size when placing actors on scenes, or any dropdown boxes when using the program's visual programming function.

Issue updated by Justin - July 10, 2018, 09:05:08 pm
  • Tags added: screen tearing

Justin

• Master Stencyler
July 10, 2018, 09:12:15 pm
http://community.stencyl.com/index.php?issue=468.0
  • Status changed from Need Info to Duplicate

hiei1983

• Junior Stencyler
August 30, 2018, 04:17:31 pm
Hi, someone have fixed this bug with NVidia cards?

Pages: 1

Details

• Reported
    November 03, 2016, 10:23:31 am
  • Updated
    August 30, 2018, 04:17:31 pm

• View Status
    Public
  • Type
    Bug
  • Status
    Duplicate
  • Priority
    Normal
  • Version
    Stencyl 3.3
  • Fixed in
    (none)
  • Assigned to
    (none)
  • Category
    UI / Workflow

Tags

Attachments

* weird bug.png (88.05 kB, 1274x696 - viewed 192 times.)