Suggestion Issue: Possibility of creating Layer type attributes.

Pages: 1

LIBERADO

• Expert Stencyler
October 22, 2015, 09:57:23 am
When creating a Scene Behavior, I have tried to select a Layer attribute, but haven't found it. Maybe it would be useful to add this option:

« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 10:20:48 am by LIBERADO »

LIBERADO

• Expert Stencyler
October 22, 2015, 10:14:25 am
Currently, I am using a number attribute or a text attribute as a reference of the ID/name of the desired layer.

Justin

• Master Stencyler
October 22, 2015, 02:21:48 pm
What benefit would having a "layer" attribute give you over text and numbers? Is it so you can select a layer from the layer pane itself in the behavior settings?

I guess if we did this, a "layer" attribute would actually be a number and it would be used in the "with ID" layer blocks.

LIBERADO

• Expert Stencyler
October 22, 2015, 02:42:31 pm
What benefit would having a "layer" attribute give you over text and numbers? Is it so you can select a layer from the layer pane itself in the behavior settings?
Yes. I have made a Scene Behavior for a client, and he has asked me this feature. He wants to select in the Behavior settings the layer on which the actors will be spawned. Therefore, I assume that, for novice customers, it would be easier and clearer to directly select the desired layer from the layer pane itself in the Behavior settings instead of manually typing the ID number or the name of the layer. Also, I guess it would be less prone to mistakes for customers.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 03:06:34 pm by LIBERADO »

Pages: 1

Details

• Reported
    October 22, 2015, 09:57:23 am
  • Updated
    October 22, 2015, 02:42:31 pm

• View Status
    Public
  • Type
    Suggestion
  • Status