Suggestion Issue: Resolution switching in desktop games

Pages: 1

ichimitch

• Level 1 Stencyler
April 20, 2018, 10:18:36 am
Any plans to add the ability to change the monitor's resolution from in game?

I know Stencyl is largely targeted at mobile development, but since we have the ability to publish to Windows I think the ability to change the fullscreen resolution is sorely missing.

ichimitch

• Level 1 Stencyler
April 20, 2018, 10:07:06 pm
It is a pretty big deal... Almost every PC game I've ever played has the option of changing resolutions. I've started looking at Game Maker Studio 2 just because of this limitation. I'll have lost months of work but “Don’t Cling to a Mistake Just Because You Spent a lot of Time Making it.” — Aubrey De Graf

New attachment added by ichimitch - April 21, 2018, 02:38:12 am

ichimitch

• Level 1 Stencyler
April 21, 2018, 08:52:38 pm
Can't even feign interest, huh?.. Okay, I guess YoYo Games get my money, then.
https://www.yoyogames.com/get

Justin

• Master Stencyler
April 22, 2018, 03:59:32 am
Resolution switching is supported in the next release of Stencyl, which is currently only available to subscribers but will have a public release soon.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 04:00:01 am by Justin »

ichimitch

• Level 1 Stencyler
April 22, 2018, 08:43:01 am
Sorry I was rude... I'm a bit of a messed up unit lately. Shouldn't be taking my issues out here. Really glad to know this feature is being implemented. I wasn't sure whether to subscribe or not but that seals the deal. I'll subscribe.

NobodyX

• Master Stencyler
May 04, 2018, 11:00:39 am
I was talking to the devs earlier and switching monitor resolutions actually isn't being supported. Thought I'd mention it in case it's really a deal-breaker for you, although I think the rest of the differences between Stencyl and other programs outweigh this one feature.

The new feature is that you'll be able to change the scale and resolution of your game (but not your monitor) to different sizes at runtime which will at least let the player be able to change the size of the game's window in windowed mode.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 11:14:03 am by NobodyX »

Justin

• Master Stencyler
May 04, 2018, 01:03:21 pm
Oh yeah, that's a good distinction. I assumed the request here was for changing the game's resolution, but if you meant the monitor, that's not planned.

Justin

• Master Stencyler
June 15, 2018, 09:43:09 pm
Resolution switching officially has blocks now in the latest private builds, so marking this as resolved.
  • Status changed from New to Resolved
  • Issue Assigned from (none) to Justin

Pages: 1

Details

• Reported
    April 20, 2018, 10:18:36 am
  • Updated
    June 15, 2018, 09:43:09 pm

• View Status
    Public
  • Type
    Suggestion
  • Status
    Resolved
  • Priority
    Normal
  • Version
    (none)
  • Fixed in
    (none)
  • Assigned to
    Justin
  • Category
    Engine

Tags

Attachments

* Untitled.jpg (26.12 kB, 504x480 - viewed 29 times.)