Bug Issue: switch to scene gliding then change background colour build 9909

Pages: 1

yoplalala

• Subscriber - Stencyl Studio
June 23, 2018, 09:38:16 am
It acts  differently than switch to scene crossfade and doesn't work well on android. I think it's when there is a scale.

scene 1: switch to scene 2 by sliding
scene 2: change background colour to green.

when arriving to scene 2, there will be a little square of green, and for the rest it will be black.

I think it's because scene's 2  "when creating"  is starting when the slide has begun and not when it has end, so the background colour also glides

I actually think it's an interesting behaviour. Maybe we could have an option to chose after what number of seconds do we want the "when created" to start

rob1221

• Master Stencyler
June 23, 2018, 03:25:48 pm
It seems that when certain transitions draw the color layer (newBitmap.draw(sceneCol); for the slide transition), the scene ignores the x/y scale factors but only after the fade in transition has ended.  I wasn't able to figure out why this is happening and whether it's an OpenFL problem or not.

Update: commenting out line 39 in ColorBackground seems to fix this issue but it also brings back whatever issues that line was added to fix.
  • Status changed from New to Confirmed
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 12:30:43 pm by rob1221 »

yoplalala

• Subscriber - Stencyl Studio
June 26, 2018, 11:21:56 am
Nice find ! Oh, It says " Forced software render of colored background to avoid transitions crash" in the commit. I think I'll just use crossfades for now

Issue updated by Justin - June 29, 2018, 11:46:45 am
  • Tags added: graphics

rob1221

• Master Stencyler
September 25, 2018, 08:30:04 am
This issue appears to be fixed with the latest OpenFL update.
  • Status changed from Confirmed to Resolved

Pages: 1

Details

• Reported
    June 23, 2018, 09:38:16 am
  • Updated
    September 25, 2018, 08:30:04 am

• View Status
    Public
  • Type
    Bug
  • Status